Automatic pin assigment in Creator 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm busy with a project with a mix of digital and analog I/O. I was wandering if Creator was able to assign the I/O pins in a way that there is as few as possible interference between the analog and digital pins.

There are several AN's giving hints to avoid cross-talk but does Creator use that in assigning the design I/O to the right pins?

I hope someone can help me with that question.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Hopefully a Cypress expert will comment.

I am not aware of any fitter intelligence that takes into account signal
coupling issues. There is manual control over analog routing, see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Ce0BFE1bM

The fitter is not "aware" of the signal properties  you place on a pin,other than your assignment of pin type.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Have a look at AN58304 and AN58827 - they will help you with manually selecting the pest pins for analog designs. There is no automatic process AFAIK.

Basically, ports 0, 3 and 4 have better analog performance. The PSoC are divided into four quadrants, each of which hving its dedicated ports. So if you separate the digital and anlog pions between these quadrants, you can minimize the internal coupling. I gues the analog design viewer can also help here, since it shows the internal routing structure and signal paths.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you All for reply.

I will look at the mentioned AN's and do the pin assigment manually according the recommendations in the AN's.

A pity that Creator doesn't do this job for me. Maybe something for a new release  ;-).

Thanks!

Rob

0 Likes