ADC Values in Hardware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not too familier with PSOC terminology yet, so I hope you can understand me:

I'm using a PSOC 5 LP prototyping kit - the stick kind.

How can I get the ADC values out of the ADC so I can use them in hardware?

I think it might be better to draw a picture:

http://imgur.com/J16l3hk 

To be clear: I've gone through the ADC to UART example. From my understanding of how PSOC works, this is not what I want.  From my understanding, the  main loop runs at about 1 KhZ, and I want to be able to access the full 1 MhZ ADC sampling rate.  From my understanding, if I want the full 1 MhZ, then I need to create everything in the top design file, not programatically.

Am I under the correct understanding that whenever I enter something into Main(), it gets executed on the microcontroller portion of the chip?

Best Wishes,

-TJP

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

What do you actually want to do? Typically when using the full 1Msps of the SAR ADC, you transfer the values with DMA into memory. From the you can use your code to evaluate them. Alternatively you can use the DMA to transfer the values to other parts of the hardware (e.g. the DAC, or a UDB register).

Yes, anything in main() is software and executed in the MCU part. But you can still control the hardware in the chip from there...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies