16 analog inputs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
iabdelsalam
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi:
I'm using PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit
In my work, I need many numbers of analoge signal input. I found that the SAR ADC can receive up to 16 analog inputs. but every time if I add more than 11 analoge inputs I got the following error message: 'Unable to find a solution for the analog routing'.
I used the following pins ( P10_0 to P10_6, P6_2, P6_3, and P9_0, P9_1).
my question is what is the optimal pin configuration to get the 16 analoge input.

please not i didn't face this problem when i used PSOC 5 , i succeed to have 24 analog input and 24 digital output
many thank
Ibrahim

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ibrahim,

SAR ADC does not support 16 external inputs even though 16 channels are supported.

As the architecture TRM specifies,

SAR ADC is designed with 16 channels, but it can scan thirteen unique inputs, which includes eight GPIOs from dedicated SARMUX port, two CTBm opamp outputs, two AMUX buses, and a temperature sensor. It is possible to scan GPIOs from other ports using AMUX buses. The actual number of external inputs can be less depending on the exact part being used. 

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ibrahim,

SAR ADC does not support 16 external inputs even though 16 channels are supported.

As the architecture TRM specifies,

SAR ADC is designed with 16 channels, but it can scan thirteen unique inputs, which includes eight GPIOs from dedicated SARMUX port, two CTBm opamp outputs, two AMUX buses, and a temperature sensor. It is possible to scan GPIOs from other ports using AMUX buses. The actual number of external inputs can be less depending on the exact part being used. 

Best Regards,
Vasanth

thank the AMUX work fine 

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

0 Likes