10pin option not available on PSOC programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaSh_1513676
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm using a miniProg4 and PSOC programmer version: 3.28.7.4504

The target device is: CYBLE-222005-00

The option to select either the 5pin or 10 pin connector is not available - it is greyed out.

For me this is OK but my colleague has the same setup and his is stuck in the 10pin.

We've tried different settings but cannot seem to enable this option.

Any advice on how we can enable this option would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Damian

PSOC programmer.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Adding to what @Ganesh said, MiniProg3 has the capability to route SWD signals to the specific connector (5-pin or 10-pin). So the software is able to configure which connector to use. For this purpose, PSoC Programmer has 2 dedicated radio buttons.

However, in MiniProg4 SWD signals are routed to both 5-pin and 10-pin connectors and this cannot be reconfigured. Therefore connector selection gets disabled in PSoC Programmer if MiniProg4 is selected. You should be able to program with either option selected.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Damian,

There will not be any problem if the GUI shows 5 pin or 10 pin. It is independent. You can still program the modules using Miniprog 4. Have you tried programming? Can you please check once?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Adding to what @Ganesh said, MiniProg3 has the capability to route SWD signals to the specific connector (5-pin or 10-pin). So the software is able to configure which connector to use. For this purpose, PSoC Programmer has 2 dedicated radio buttons.

However, in MiniProg4 SWD signals are routed to both 5-pin and 10-pin connectors and this cannot be reconfigured. Therefore connector selection gets disabled in PSoC Programmer if MiniProg4 is selected. You should be able to program with either option selected.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

thank you both, that makes sense. We are accustom to the miniprog3, hence our confusion.

My colleague has the device that is showing the 10-pin setting and i don't think he tried to program it as is. It is now working as expected.

kind regards,

Damian

0 Likes

Hello Damien,

Glad to hear that it works. I will update the PSoC Programmer documentation to add a note regarding this. That should help clear the confusion.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes