value of ADC channels Not expected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_4443801
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi, I'm using a PSoC6 and i have a problem:

I'm using 4 ADC differential channel in order to obtain a measure of two resistance with a voltage divider. But even if the hardware configuration and the value of the two resistance is the same the result of the ADC is different. I have measured the voltage value with an oscilloscope and the value is the same so the hardware is ok. To read the ADC value I've used:

res = ADC_GetResult16(number of channel)

v= ADC_CountsTo_mVolts(number of channel, res)

The result of channel 0 and channel 2 is the same and it is correct, but the result of channel 1 and 3 are different and it is wrong but I don't know why!

Thanks!

Immagine.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Milena,

We have been waiting to hear from you. We would have liked to know how much variation was there between channels 1 and 3. If it is small, it can be due to internal routing. You can see the internal routing used by checking the CYDWR-> Analog tab. So depending on your pin selection, the routes may differ and additional switches on the path can cause additional resistance on the signal path. If the difference is significant, we may have to check further.

You can always go to debug mode and check the count returned on each of the input and see whether they are proper. Also make sure that the acquisition time is sufficient for both channels.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vasanth

Hi,

Will you be able share your project so that we can have a look into it. You don't have to share the complete project, just the adc,its schematic with the code is sufficient. We can try to recreate the issue at our end. Once you have made the project you can get an archive of the project by following the steps specfied. In PSoC Creator ,  go to File -> Create Workspace Bundle -> Select minimal. Please attach the generated file.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I can't share my project but the part of the adc is : 

Cy_GPIO_Set(V_0_PORT, V_0_NUM);

/* Wake up the ADC and start conversion */

ADC_Wakeup();

ADC_StartConvert();

if(ADC_IsEndConversion(CY_SAR_WAIT_FOR_RESULT))

{

countReference  = ADC_GetResult16(0);

countResistor = ADC_GetResult16(1);

countReference1 = ADC_GetResult16(2);

countResistor1 = ADC_GetResult16(3);

v1= ADC_CountsTo_mVolts(1u, countResistor);

v2=ADC_CountsTo_mVolts(3u, countResistor1);

}

/* Put the ADC to sleep so that entering low power modes won't affect

the ADC configuration */

ADC_Sleep();

adc1.jpgadc2.jpg

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hey Milena,

Could you please let me know what are exact pins used in for each of the inputs too ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Vasanth

Hi Milena,

We have been waiting to hear from you. We would have liked to know how much variation was there between channels 1 and 3. If it is small, it can be due to internal routing. You can see the internal routing used by checking the CYDWR-> Analog tab. So depending on your pin selection, the routes may differ and additional switches on the path can cause additional resistance on the signal path. If the difference is significant, we may have to check further.

You can always go to debug mode and check the count returned on each of the input and see whether they are proper. Also make sure that the acquisition time is sufficient for both channels.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Thanks for the answer, I'll use the debug mode.

Best regards.

0 Likes