using emFile system for Nor Flash need erase entire space before write?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
victor2022
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi, all

checked from previous discussion saying that "using Nor Flash with file system need to erase all before write or create a file", Is that still true for emFile system?

my project need to write log to a file on a Nor Flash, and keep the log files until it is erased. If I must erase Nor flash before I update the log, it is a big problem. 

Thanks.

Victor 

0 Likes
1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @victor2022 

Kindly refer to this link from the segger website to know about emFile system. Please contact segger support for more information.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LeoMathews

Hi @victor2022 

Can you please tell me which discussion you were referring to? Also can you specify which PSoC device you are using for this project?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
victor2022
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

PSoC device we are using is: CY8C6247BZI-D44Screenshot 2022-12-12 094731.png

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @victor2022 

Kindly refer to this link from the segger website to know about emFile system. Please contact segger support for more information.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @victor2022 ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes