"But will it run Linux?"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not "run", of course, but "be built on". Couldn't bring myself to ruin a good quote

Will there be tools to build and flash firmware to PSoC6 using Linux machine (or OS X)?

I understand that PSoC Creator will not work on Linux anytime soon (I tried to install 4.0 on ubuntu 16.04 using wine just after 4.0 was released - couldn't make it work). But may be there are Other Tools that will work?

cydsfit (if still used on PSoC 6) port would be fantastic.

Right now, if you don't use analog routing, you can get PSoC Creator 4 working under wine, btw. Problem with my project that I use ADC+AMux and analog routing stage of cydsfit just blows up

I have a Qt app which works with USB HID bootloader, so users in the field are somewhat "not affected" - but couldn't make PSoC Programmer to work from under wine. This limits support from the maker/hobbyist community significantly, as lots of people just don't want to install Windows, given Win10's spyware reputation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For PSoC Creator, we do not have plans for the near future to support Linux or MAC OS. But we will use this feedback and consider this for our future SW tools. Thanks for the patience!

Let me know if you have other questions!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Will there be tools to build and flash firmware to PSoC6 using Linux machine (or OS X)?

I only know there's some work in progress to add PSoC6 support on OpenOCD: http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/4058/

so the flash part is somewhat covered.

That is not the case.

If you go to the link you posted, you will find the Cypress Terms and Conditions it that C file are incompatible with the GPL, and so OpenOCD has rejected the code.

0 Likes

OOPS!  That was fixed, but PSOC6 in that thread was abandoned. Not sure what its status is now.

0 Likes
user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

I would also appreciate macOS support. I do have Windows virtual machine for these purposes(Windows-only software). But when I have choice, I prefer, and like, to install software directly to macOS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For PSoC Creator, we do not have plans for the near future to support Linux or MAC OS. But we will use this feedback and consider this for our future SW tools. Thanks for the patience!

Let me know if you have other questions!