Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

I created two PSoC Creator 4.3 projects in one workspace for the PSoC6 CYBLE-416045-02 on PC "A". I'm also using PDL 3.10.

In both projects, I use the printf() statements liberally.  Therefore it appears that retargetio is working.

I archived this workspace to move to another PC "B".  I build both projects on PC "B" (using PDL 3.10).  The printf()s are working on one project but not on the other.

Note:  _PutString()s on either project work OK.

What am I missing?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution

moto-san,

Thank you for your interest in my question.   You're suggestion wasn't the answer.

As it turns out, the issue appears to be that when I used a copy of the original (working) projects on another PC the build asked if I wanted to remove and in one case rename certain project files I answered "Yes".  That was the issue.  Some of the files that got changed was the  stdio_user.h.  This file is needed to define what SCB to use for the redirection for the printf() calls.  It got defined to a different SCB and that caused the printf() malfunction.

If you're interested, I posted the finished workspace of both projects at:  PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Creator projects.

Thanks again.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

Since both projects are working OK in the PC "A", a

there should not be errors in the project code.

May be some settings have been changed by accident when you moved them to the PC "B".

I would compare Build Settings > Linker settings of both projects.

000-build-settings-linker.JPG

May be re-installing PDL 3.1.0 also affects something.

moto

P.S. I just noticed, one more thing I would like to try is "Update Components" in the project which is not working.

0 Likes

moto-san,

Thank you for your interest in my question.   You're suggestion wasn't the answer.

As it turns out, the issue appears to be that when I used a copy of the original (working) projects on another PC the build asked if I wanted to remove and in one case rename certain project files I answered "Yes".  That was the issue.  Some of the files that got changed was the  stdio_user.h.  This file is needed to define what SCB to use for the redirection for the printf() calls.  It got defined to a different SCB and that caused the printf() malfunction.

If you're interested, I posted the finished workspace of both projects at:  PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Creator projects.

Thanks again.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."