Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

Gustavo
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello community!

I am using a Psoc 63 processor and I need one of its pins to be high all the time, even when I reset it.

The problem is that when I reset it, this pin stays in Hi Z for around 25ms which turns the system off completely without the possibility of turning it on again.

Is it possible that this pin is always up when I reset it? and in case it is not possible, is there any possibility to cut that time to microseconds?

The pin is configured in the top layout as Digital Output, Drive Mode: Strong Drive, Initial Drive State: High, Max Frequency = 100 MHz.

I'm using FreeRTOS, and I write the pin (port = 5, num =4) with: Cy_GPIO_Write(sysOff_PORT, sysOff_NUM, 1); before creating the tasks and launching the scheduler.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Gustavo,

You may also use a weak pull-up resistor for the respective pin to maintain it at high voltage. The pin needs to be configured in strong drive mode so that both high and low voltages may be driven when the device is in normal operation.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @Gustavo,

GPIO states will not be retained during the reset operation. Hence it would not be possible to always have the pin at high voltage.

Please refer to Configuring the PSoC 6 MCU Startup Time from Reset - KBA232330 to reduce the startup time of your PSoC63 device.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

Gustavo
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Nikhil!

Thanks for your prompt response, I'm going to do some tests taking into account the information you gave me, and try to reduce the startup time and see if I can solve the problem in this way. 

Regards.

Gustavo.

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @Gustavo,

You may also use a weak pull-up resistor for the respective pin to maintain it at high voltage. The pin needs to be configured in strong drive mode so that both high and low voltages may be driven when the device is in normal operation.

Regards,
Nikhil