once my BLE software is ready on development kit..how do i transfer the code into BLE device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

i am new embedding.

i am developing BLE beacons. Once my software s ready on development KiT

how will transfer software into BLE chips for final products.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

When you create your own hardware, include the standard 10-pin or 5-pin debug connector or test points so you can connect to the SWD pins, reset, VDDD and VSSS.  The SWD pins are documented in the device datasheet as SWDIO and SWDCLK which are ports P0.6 and P0.7.  Then use a Cypress MiniProg3 to program and debug your hardware.  If you wanted to go on the cheap, you could use your Pioneer kit as the programmer as well.  Remove the BLE module from the socket and use the 5 pins on the lower left of the module connector to connect to your hardware.  You can see the pins labelled SWDIO, SWDCLK, RST, GND, and VDD. Just think of your hardware as the BLE module in the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer kit.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

When you create your own hardware, include the standard 10-pin or 5-pin debug connector or test points so you can connect to the SWD pins, reset, VDDD and VSSS.  The SWD pins are documented in the device datasheet as SWDIO and SWDCLK which are ports P0.6 and P0.7.  Then use a Cypress MiniProg3 to program and debug your hardware.  If you wanted to go on the cheap, you could use your Pioneer kit as the programmer as well.  Remove the BLE module from the socket and use the 5 pins on the lower left of the module connector to connect to your hardware.  You can see the pins labelled SWDIO, SWDCLK, RST, GND, and VDD. Just think of your hardware as the BLE module in the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer kit.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You Mark !!!

Let me try this

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

1) Can I use PSoC® 6 BLE Pioneer Kit

2) Only 5 Pins required SWDIO, SWDCLK , RST, GND, and VDD?

Any Document on this ?

0 Likes