Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

SaGa_4641021
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi

I built a project using Arduino Nano (nRF52840 ARM core) which interfaces with a BLE device. The BLE device was shipping with its Arduino Library.

I need to migrate the project to my PSoC, but I do not know where to start from.

I checked the libraries provided by the manufacturer (Veriner GO Direct), and they use the following ArduinoBLE methods:

BLE.available(), BLE.begin(); BLE.connected(), BLE.disconnect(); BLE.scan(); BLE.scanForName();

BLE.stopScan(); BLE.end(); 

My simple experience with BLE led to me hypothesize that if I can find the PSoC-equivalent methods for those mentioned above, I can have a good starting point.

Any thoughts ?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @SaGa_4641021 

At present we don't have as such method of migrating  ArduinoBLE projects to PSoC but you can go through the app note  Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity on PSoC Creator and also this link for example projects for getting started for your project.

Please let me know if this helps

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
First comment on KBA 5 questions asked First question asked

Hello @SaGa_4641021 

Can you please let us know complete application requirement? 

We do not have a method to directly port from Arduino to our creator / MTB IDE. But we do have getting started appnotes and example projects with which you can develop the required BLE functionality. 

Please give us more details , so that we can suggest you some example projects to start with.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
SaGa_4641021
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi  Anjana

I am using a sensor from Vernier Go, it is a respiration belt. It comes with a library (called GDX) that is based on the arduino ble libraries (arduinoBLE and others). The Vernier GDX library calls specific function from the arduinoBLE and the BLEcharacteristics libraries. These functions seem to be standard for BLE but off course the whole library set is tailored for the Nano BLE Sense (nRF52840 from Nordic).

I need to send simple commands to the sensor to configure the sampling rate (max rate is 30 sample per second for 16 bites of data width), start streaming and stop streaming. And I want to do this with the PSoC platform instead of the Arduino.

I know the device name and was able to connect to it with PSoC, but I can't go further than pairing as I can't replicate the high level functions (the GDX API) as they call ArduinoBLE functions.

I am not sure if this information is enough or would you need more details ?

thanks a lot for your help.

0 Likes

Hi @SaGa_4641021 

At present we don't have as such method of migrating  ArduinoBLE projects to PSoC but you can go through the app note  Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity on PSoC Creator and also this link for example projects for getting started for your project.

Please let me know if this helps

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V