metering and protection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gary36
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have to develop a metering relay that requires implementation of two functions i)math computations and ii)oscillograph, metering and display

I was thinking about PSOC6 and utilize the dual core each dedicated for the respective functions as stated above.

Unfortunately, I require simultaneous sampling of analog signals( 8 channels). So I have to use external ADCs

Advice is required if the above scheme proposed is correct? IN addition I require, ethernet and modbus connectivity to the external world and require remote wireless programming of the module.

I do not want to build any hardware module. Please suggest the development kit applicable in this connection. Also suggest if there are any app notes that assist in developing oscillograph function (with pretrigger and post trigger capability) with sampling rate of 5KHz

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

gary36,

I recently came across 8-channel simultaneously sampling ADC and evaluation module from Analog Devices AD7770, which seems to fit your description. I am not aware of any PSoC6 o-scope demos. I would also consider using external scope to save time (there are some $20 boards available).  Overall, it sounds like a 6 months project, with most of the time spent on taming the LCD module. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

gary36,

I recently came across 8-channel simultaneously sampling ADC and evaluation module from Analog Devices AD7770, which seems to fit your description. I am not aware of any PSoC6 o-scope demos. I would also consider using external scope to save time (there are some $20 boards available).  Overall, it sounds like a 6 months project, with most of the time spent on taming the LCD module. 

0 Likes