issues on wi-fi scan application on -062-4343w with MTB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joel_4789771
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins Welcome! First solution authored

Good morning:

I am trying to make some  very initial getting started on wifi subjects and I have selected Wi-FI Scan as my "hello world wifi". I installed Modus toolbox, and I am playing with a -062-4343w board. If you think there is a more initial exercise, please just let me know to begin with.

I created a new application with the Wi-fi scan, and I am reading the WI-FI Scan README.md. 

Instructions on the document uses Tera Term but I use Putty. Reference on the text shown  8N1 and 115200 bauds. Is 8N1 something just related to Tera?. I can not see any relation on this parameter to Putty. Could you help me on this?. On other points for Putty are understood (serial line connected to the PC port as COMXX, ...).

1/ I connect the board the the PC, OK.

2/ I do not realy understand if I have to change scan_task.h or just leave it as it is. Please let me know. I a assuming that the file keeps unmodified. This is a first trial, so I just want to see "Something" scanned on the console window.

3/ I open the Putty terminal as defoned above.

Using Eclipse IDE

1/ I select the application, OK

2/ Quick panel,...and download the code to the board.

The PC console  shows:

CE230270 - Wi-Fi Scan

and the Debub windows in MTB shows: Thread #11 1 (Name:Current Execution)(Suspended : Breakpoint)

so it seems that the sw is not scaning and apparently  sttopped because discovered an error.

Last line on Preview vindow in MTB shows ===== Cortex-M DWT registers

Could you please provide me some help on this?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @joel_4789771 ,

>> Instructions on the document uses Tera Term but I use Putty. Reference on the text shown  8N1 and 115200 bauds. Is 8N1 something just related to Tera?. I can not see any relation on this parameter to Putty. Could you help me on this?. On other points for Putty are understood (serial line connected to the PC port as COMXX, ...).

A] The 8N1 means 8 bits with no parity and 1 stop bits as below which is the default setting in putty as well:

AlenAn14_0-1650561847839.png

You can connect to your port after making sure of this.

>> Last line on Preview vindow in MTB shows ===== Cortex-M DWT registers

A] I believe you are debugging instead of programming your board here. Can you please let me know if you clicked on the program button (play symbol and not the bug symbol) with the name '<project name> Program (KitProg3_MiniProg4)' in the quick panel?

AlenAn14_1-1650562019614.png

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @joel_4789771 ,

>> Instructions on the document uses Tera Term but I use Putty. Reference on the text shown  8N1 and 115200 bauds. Is 8N1 something just related to Tera?. I can not see any relation on this parameter to Putty. Could you help me on this?. On other points for Putty are understood (serial line connected to the PC port as COMXX, ...).

A] The 8N1 means 8 bits with no parity and 1 stop bits as below which is the default setting in putty as well:

AlenAn14_0-1650561847839.png

You can connect to your port after making sure of this.

>> Last line on Preview vindow in MTB shows ===== Cortex-M DWT registers

A] I believe you are debugging instead of programming your board here. Can you please let me know if you clicked on the program button (play symbol and not the bug symbol) with the name '<project name> Program (KitProg3_MiniProg4)' in the quick panel?

AlenAn14_1-1650562019614.png

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes