Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
skruglewicz
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins First like received 5 solutions authored

Hello Everyone

I am using the PSoC 62S4 pioneer kit, and i am looking for an example that will implement a message pipe between the M0+ & M4 cores

I found one, Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes on this repo, but it has not been updated for 2  years and i cannot figure out how to import it into modustoolbox 3.0? I cannot use the library manager to update the folder? as the ModusToolbox 3.0 user guide indicates in section 1.7?

By reading the ReadME.md file, this example looks like what I'm trying to accomplish. If there are other examples or ideas, directions on using upgrading this example to MD 3.0, would be a great help

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards 

Steve K

0 Likes
1 Solution

HI Leo,

So sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been on another project. But know I've .

returned to this project and I was able to get my problem solved with MTB2.4..

At the time the  patch link brought me to an empty page :    patch (2.4.1) is available for installation on top of ModusToolbox 2.4.

But, setting the windows system variable

CyRemoteManifestOverride = https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

worked for me without using the patch . now the patch is available at the original link but I have not tried the patch on my version of MTD 2.4.

I was able to get the example working by debugging the CM0 or CM4 firmware but not both at the same time. This is one of the fundamental differences between MTB2.x and MTB3.0. In MTB3.0 you can debug firmware on both cores at the SAME TIME!

So to use MTB2.4 on a WINDOWS PC that has MTB3.0 also you need to set 2 system environment varibles:

If you going back to using MTB3.0, don't forget to disable these variables so MTB3.0 will use the proper tools!

I'm going to start migrating this example to MTB3.0. Hopefully I will not have much trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @skruglewicz 

Can you please refer to this KBA to migrate the application to ModusToolbox3.0? 

Also please refer to this code example Dual CPU IPC semaphore and check if it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

Hello Leo,

Interesting to hear that I need to migrate this example, I will leave that as an exercise. To your knowledge, what is the easiest way to import this example into ModusToolBox 2.4? I have used this version but never have imported GitHub example.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @skruglewicz 

To import the code example Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes  to ModusToolbox2.4, please clone the example to your local system and follow the below steps:

>Open ModusToolbox, navigate to New application.

>Select the desired BSP to be used.

>Browse the cloned code example from the correct location(make sure that the project folder should be selected):

LeoMathews_0-1679983034190.png

>Select the project and click on create.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

Hi thanks for the help

I have two versions of mtb on my PC and I'm now stuck on the step  ">Open ModusToolbox, navigate to New application." . I assume you want me to select ModusToolbox Application?

skruglewicz_1-1680028028272.png

I'm getting the following conflict with Project creator . since I have 2 versions of mtb on my PC I'll need to do as instructed on the dialog. I'm wondering, if I could run he Project creator in my mtb 2.4 directory?

skruglewicz_0-1680027735650.png

another question is on step ">Browse the cloned code example from the correct location(make sure that the project folder should be selected):".  My question is: what directory is the project folder of the unzipeed location?

skruglewicz_2-1680028855193.png

I'm going to continue trying to pass this and get the example to work. Your comments on question would be appreciated at this point .

Thanks 

Steve

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @skruglewicz 

If you want to create the project in ModusToolbox2.4, first set the environment variable:

CY_TOOLS_PATHS = C:/<path>/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4

and then restart MTB2.4. Similarly, if you want to use ModusToolbox3.0, set the environment variable as:

CY_TOOLS_PATHS = C:/<path>/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0

and then restart MTB3.0.

For your question, what directory is the project folder of the unzipped location, you should select the project folder, which is in your case 'mtb-axample-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master'. When this project is selected, the same will be populated in the Directory as shown.

LeoMathews_0-1680063469545.png

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

thanks I'll give this a try.. I'll let you know how I make out... regards Steve K

0 Likes

Well I finally was able to get it working. the environment name is however plural. It's  CY_TOOLS_PATHS.

However now I'm getting  the following 

skruglewicz_0-1680158348073.png

It only happens with this version? it works great in MTB3.0

Not sure what this error is?

Thanks for all you help so far

Steve K

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @skruglewicz 

A change in the way GitHub handles URL redirects has resulted in ModusToolbox being unable to access manifest files for BSPs, middleware or applications. The problem presents itself in Project Creator and Library Manager, which fail to display any content.

A workaround has been given in this discussion. Please refer to it and check if it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

Hi  Leo 

This workaround  seems to have worked but I'm still having a problem with the build!!!

Pictured is the solution I did because the link for the 2.4 patch brought up an empty page.

Setting the  CyRemoteManifestOverride = https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

NOT SURE WHY PICTURES are not showing up?

skruglewicz_0-1680315252141.png

Then in project creator 1.40 

1. I selected my BSP PSoc62S4 
  2. Then I  select the example directory which i unzipped the archive to under the workspace directory I had created for mtd2-4 examples.
  3. I selected the IMPORT button
  4. Then under the created Custom template i checked the mtd_example ....

It did it's business for a while until falling  here:

==============================================================================

= Getting Dependencies for "app_cm0p" =

==============================================================================

C:/Users/skrug/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/modus-shell/bin/make.exe getlibs CY_TOOLS_PATHS=C:/Users/skrug/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4

Project "mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master.app_cm0p" failed to create.

"make getlibs" failed.

Failed to create and export "mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master" application.

QUESTIONS?

• Why did "make getlibs" fail? 
  • What do I do Now?
  • Project "mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master.app_cm4" created successfully. ? Why? if M0 failed?

I'm not really familiar with developing with ModusToolbox., but it seems like this example hasn't been used for a while. It shouldn't be this hard to import an example?

Let me know what I might be doing wrong? The Project creator dialog follows

Thanks again for your help

skruglewicz_1-1680318008012.png

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @skruglewicz 

We are sorry that link for the 2.4 patch brought up an empty page. As a workaround, click on this link and then search for 'ModusToolbox Patch for 2.4' and 'ModusToolbox Tools package' for downloading the 2.4 patch and ModusToolbox v3.0 respectively. 

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

HI Leo,

So sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been on another project. But know I've .

returned to this project and I was able to get my problem solved with MTB2.4..

At the time the  patch link brought me to an empty page :    patch (2.4.1) is available for installation on top of ModusToolbox 2.4.

But, setting the windows system variable

CyRemoteManifestOverride = https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

worked for me without using the patch . now the patch is available at the original link but I have not tried the patch on my version of MTD 2.4.

I was able to get the example working by debugging the CM0 or CM4 firmware but not both at the same time. This is one of the fundamental differences between MTB2.x and MTB3.0. In MTB3.0 you can debug firmware on both cores at the SAME TIME!

So to use MTB2.4 on a WINDOWS PC that has MTB3.0 also you need to set 2 system environment varibles:

If you going back to using MTB3.0, don't forget to disable these variables so MTB3.0 will use the proper tools!

I'm going to start migrating this example to MTB3.0. Hopefully I will not have much trouble.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @skruglewicz 

Glad the problem is solved. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo