emUSB CDC echo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Manoj_Kumar
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 questions asked

i am working on USB-UART echo, and i dont wish to provide the cy_retarget_io_init() with my RX and TX pins, as i wish to use them for some other purpose. can i do that?

and if i comment the cy_retarget_io_init() then the program gets terminated before completion.

and how can i set the baudrate of the UART in it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

The reason your application might "get terminated" before completion is probably because of calling printf() without a proper implementation of the low level functions.

The retarget-io library makes sure your printf() uses the UART to print messages. If there is no implementation underneath, you would get a hard fault.

You can try and see if that's the case. Comment out the printf() calls in your application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Manoj_Kumar ,

This KBA here : Detecting change in baud rate for the USBUART Component- CDC COM port - KBA233881 might interest you. The baud rate for the USBUART Component is theoretically limited by the USBFS data rate (12 Mbps) for Full-Speed devices like PSoC™ family of devices. 

Hope this help. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

The reason your application might "get terminated" before completion is probably because of calling printf() without a proper implementation of the low level functions.

The retarget-io library makes sure your printf() uses the UART to print messages. If there is no implementation underneath, you would get a hard fault.

You can try and see if that's the case. Comment out the printf() calls in your application.

0 Likes