emUSB CDC Echo Example Feedback Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AirB
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First like received

Hello,

I quickly created the emUSB-Device_CDC_echo example project for my CY8CPROTO-062-4343W with Win11 and Eclipse Modus3.0.0 to test a new USB idea and following a successful build and KitProg3 programming, I do not receive any key input or echo from the VCOM. 

I confirmed the Baud is set at 115200 at both my serial port and Device Manager Port Settings, and updated all drivers. 

When connected to the dev board USB J10 I receive no VCOM key feedback and interestingly when connected to J8 through the KitProg3, my VCOM responds with:

****************** emUSB Device: CDC echo application ******************

0:000 USBD_Start
0:000 *** Warning *** Bus RESET should not occur in unattached state!

Any quick help would be appreciated since I haven't made any changes from the created new example application.

Thank you,

1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @AirB 

I tested the example at my end and it seems to be working fine. I have tested the example using the same kit (using windows 10). There are a few things you could check at your end:

1. Make sure the kit is connected to the Kitprog (J8) when you are programming and in tera term select KitProg3 COM port with a baud rate of 115200. I guess your this step is correct as you are seeing the following on your screen. You would also observe the Red LED glow

0:000 *** Warning *** Bus RESET should not occur in an unattached state!

2. In the next step connect the USB port of the kit to the PC (J10). In the tera tem select the COM port corresponding to USB Serial Device COM port. Now make sure your baud rate is set to 9600 as this is what the USB is configured for in the example.

3. Go to Tera Term> Setup> Terminal and make the settings shown in the figure below:

Ekta_1-1678086116306.png

Local echo should be selected.

3. Now type something on the terminal and make sure you press enter after that for the character to be echoed back to the terminal.

I did the above steps and it worked for me well.

Ekta_2-1678086381724.png

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @AirB 

I tested the example at my end and it seems to be working fine. I have tested the example using the same kit (using windows 10). There are a few things you could check at your end:

1. Make sure the kit is connected to the Kitprog (J8) when you are programming and in tera term select KitProg3 COM port with a baud rate of 115200. I guess your this step is correct as you are seeing the following on your screen. You would also observe the Red LED glow

0:000 *** Warning *** Bus RESET should not occur in an unattached state!

2. In the next step connect the USB port of the kit to the PC (J10). In the tera tem select the COM port corresponding to USB Serial Device COM port. Now make sure your baud rate is set to 9600 as this is what the USB is configured for in the example.

3. Go to Tera Term> Setup> Terminal and make the settings shown in the figure below:

Ekta_1-1678086116306.png

Local echo should be selected.

3. Now type something on the terminal and make sure you press enter after that for the character to be echoed back to the terminal.

I did the above steps and it worked for me well.

Ekta_2-1678086381724.png

Best Regards
Ekta

AirB
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First like received

Hi Ekta!

Reconfiguring my TeraTerm setup to Rx and Tx CR+LF with echo did successfully echo my keystrokes. 

There are still a few oddities such as on J10 not showing the ***emUSB*** printf() Header during startup such as your example or my system enumerating the COM device as a general Windows device not recognizing  the USB_DEVICE_INFO struct, but this is a positive step.

Thank you!

0 Likes