doubling i2s signals on different port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlGi_4647181
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

I am using CY8C6347BZI-BLD54 and I would like to double my i2s signals (defaulted on port 5), on another port, for example port 8. Is it possible to route them internally? 

I want to do this since port 5 will have 3.3V domain, while port 8 will have 1.8V domain, that is the voltage that the i2s device on the other hand is using. If i can double my i2s signals on port 8 IOs, then I don't need a level shifter between the psoc and the i2s device.

thanks!

best regards,

A.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can't route the I2S pins directly to another port. However, if you have enough pins to spare, you could implement a level shifter within the PSoC. It would require 3x time more pins. The thinking is:

1) Connect the I2S pins from Port5 to other port at 3.3V externally.

2) Internally, establish a direct connection between this other port pins and the Port 8 pins.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can't route the I2S pins directly to another port. However, if you have enough pins to spare, you could implement a level shifter within the PSoC. It would require 3x time more pins. The thinking is:

1) Connect the I2S pins from Port5 to other port at 3.3V externally.

2) Internally, establish a direct connection between this other port pins and the Port 8 pins.

0 Likes
AlGi_4647181
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

thank you for the answer.

Would it be possible to route them internally using UDB? or completely replace the i2s peripheral and use a udb -based one?

0 Likes