Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Az-eddine
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

i'm working on a dualcore psoc63 project using keil importing pack from psoc creator and I see if I use keil (ulink pro) to flash the board the section of emulated eeprom is written and if use binary file generated by keil using MinikitProg4 that section of memory is empty.

Do you know why and how to generate a bin file or hex file also for that region?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

To be honest i don't know how to generate it in Keil, I'm using srec_cat.exe outside keil.

Any I solved adding this region in scat file and generating hex file.

Many thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @Az-eddine 

Can you please tell me how you generated the .bin file form, Keil? I believe you used the srec_cat.exe utility for generating the same. The generated .bin file may not be in the correct format. Can you refer to this link for generating the .bin file? Also can you share the .hex file and the current generated .bin file?

You can also refer to this discussion and check if it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo 

0 Likes

Hi,

i finally understood the situation, the binary file is generated using this command in keil-> option for target-> User at point "after build/rebuild run# "fromelf --bincombined --base 0 -a "Objects\@L.axf" --output "Objects\@L.bin"....binary file does not contains memory address but the section missing is written immediatly after the main app but the hex file is generated properly....Is there a way to create two binary file from the same project? one for the main app and one for em_eeprom?

thanks

0 Likes
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @Az-eddine 

Can you please try to generate the .bin file using the srec_cat.exe utility? You can refer to this discussion for executing the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes

To be honest i don't know how to generate it in Keil, I'm using srec_cat.exe outside keil.

Any I solved adding this region in scat file and generating hex file.

Many thanks

0 Likes