Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

SaGa_4641021
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi

Is there a way to capture I2S configuration in runtime ?

thanks

SaGa_4641021_0-1635871233312.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

The alignment, number of channels (always two), channel length and word length are stored some how in the I2S configuration registers. Refer to the PSoC 6 TRM I2S chapter to understand how to access and parse the information. Refer to the I2S_TX_CTL and I2S_RX_CTL registers.

The bit rate is a bit trickier. You would need to know the clock frequency the I2S blocks is sourced, then use the clock divider info from I2S_CLOCK_CTL register to find out the bitrate.

The Frame rate is equal bit rate / 2 / Channel Length 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

The alignment, number of channels (always two), channel length and word length are stored some how in the I2S configuration registers. Refer to the PSoC 6 TRM I2S chapter to understand how to access and parse the information. Refer to the I2S_TX_CTL and I2S_RX_CTL registers.

The bit rate is a bit trickier. You would need to know the clock frequency the I2S blocks is sourced, then use the clock divider info from I2S_CLOCK_CTL register to find out the bitrate.

The Frame rate is equal bit rate / 2 / Channel Length