can't find CY8C6244AZI-S4D93 in psoc creator device selector

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EyLa_1625036
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 10 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello all , 

I want to make a custom pcb with PSOC6 device :CY8C6244AZI-S4D93 , 

I have the latest psoc creator but I can't find this device in my device selector , 

In my device selector in psoc creator , when I choose target device ->psoc6

It finds only 53 psoc6 devices , but there is obviously more then that  ,

What to do ? 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Most PSoC 6 parts, particularly the newer, larger memory versions, are supported only by Modus ToolBox, not PSoC Creator. PSoC Creator is not even mentioned on the 6244 datasheet. You now have a new learning experience.

---- Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

Most PSoC 6 parts, particularly the newer, larger memory versions, are supported only by Modus ToolBox, not PSoC Creator. PSoC Creator is not even mentioned on the 6244 datasheet. You now have a new learning experience.

---- Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

@DennisS_46 Thank you for your answer ,

I just realize that psoc creator only support PSOC6 ,124-bga and 80WLCSP package which has very small pitch 0.65mm , those package are extremely hard for beginners and makers to assemble  and makes you design a board with expensive HDI and micro vias technology , I was waiting for ages for the easier package to be release so I can use the psoc6 devices in my custom boards , 

1. do you have an idea why psoc creator won't support those easier package (TQFP) ? 

2.will you have in the future support for those package ? 

3. What exactly is  Modus ToolBox ? that's just a different IDE ? with the same capabilities of PSOC6 devices?

some information will be helpful  

Thanks Lampel 

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @EyLa_1625036,

All PSoC6 devices are supported on ModusToolbox, and with ModusToolbox being the successor of PSoC Creator, I urge you to use ModusToolbox.

ModusToolbox:

ModusToolbox, or MTB in short, is an ecosystem and is a collection of various tools and software which enables one to develop applications for a desired microcontroller. Here is the link to ModusToolbox training: https://github.com/Infineon/training-modustoolbox

I would suggest you go through ModusToolbox™ Software Training Level 1 - Getting Started and ModusToolbox™ Software Training Level 2 – PSoC™ MCUs

I am also attaching the Developer Community video playlist here. I would recommend you to go through the first 6 sessions from this playlist. Although they use the older ModusToolbox version, the flow would remain the same. To help you, I am also attaching the links to get started with ModusToolbox 3.0:

You can find all documents related to MTB here.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Nikhil

Thank you for the detailed answer , 

I am sure ModusToolbox is a great software ,

I just didn't know there is a successor of PSoC Creator . 

I will defiantly check those training videos and material . 

Thanks

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

CY8C6244AZI-S4D93 is available in 80 pin TQFP. These should certainly be easier to solder than BGA parts.
Modus Toolbox was written for software engineers by software engineers. It is designed to make it easier for large
software teams to work on a shared project. It is not designed to make the configuration generation (as in Creator)
easier for the hardware engineer.

---- Dennis

0 Likes

As a seasoned embedded software engineer on a smaller team, PSoC Creator is much easier to use than Modus toolbox for development. 

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

If you want to talk more in detail, send your phone number by private message and I will call.

---- Dennis

0 Likes