about bootloader example in MTB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

In the attached file 1, I selected a basic_boot_loader example code to import to the MTB.

In the attached file 2, after import basic_boot_loader example code to MTB, there a 2 projects generated.

#1. MCUboot-Based_Basic_Bootloader_1.blinky_cm4. " This project compiles fail and you can see there are 2 error messages in the attached 2".

#2. MCUboot-Based_Basic_Bootloader_1.bootloader_cm0p. " This project compile ok! "

Could you please help me to check why *.cm4 project complies failed ?! I didn't modify anything. I just keep this example code original. 

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YuZh
100 replies posted 10 likes received 50 sign-ins

Hi:

I have resolved this issue. First, you need to install python3.8.3. If have already install other version, please uninstall it ahead. Second,  run the following the command in specific folder, for example "C:\Users\YuZh\project\mtb_shared\mcuboot\v1.7.0-cypress\scripts" : python -m pip install -r requirements.txt. Then you can compile it again. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
YuZh

I have the same result. My error message is: "can not find mbedtls/sha256.h". Do you have same error message?1698_230_1.5.png

Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5

NO, my error message is shown in the MTBbootloader2.JPG. 

It's an built-in sample project in MTB. I think it should be no problem. 

I feel so confused about this. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ~ I found in the following link is a step by step manual for this bootloader example code.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-mcuboot-basic

But it seems not very clear enough. Because I run this command but it can't work.

python -m pip install -r requirements.txt

Because python is not in the <mtb_shared>/mcuboot/<tag>/scripts directory.

So I still feel very confused about how to build this project successfully.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
YuZh

Hi:

Did you update your library? Maybe you can try it.  And Today I will copy my colleague project to compile . So please wait for moment, I will give you answer as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5

ok,,,

How to update library ?! do you mean "library manager" ?!

Just press the "Update" in the Librarys sheet in library manager ?!

Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
YuZh

Hi:

I have resolved this issue. First, you need to install python3.8.3. If have already install other version, please uninstall it ahead. Second,  run the following the command in specific folder, for example "C:\Users\YuZh\project\mtb_shared\mcuboot\v1.7.0-cypress\scripts" : python -m pip install -r requirements.txt. Then you can compile it again. 

Good luck. 

Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5

Thank you!

0 Likes
BillyAkinbredal
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

it looks like something in the library is referencing functions defined in the emfile source code where the configuration is:

emfile/Config/FS_ConfigMMC_CM_HS.c

Im insanely lost on this, i hope this is just some simple flag or something i am missing in the cmake file.
I hope this is okay to post here, this is after all trying to use an embedded file system library on an embedded MCU.

YuZh

Hi:

If you have some new issues or problems to discuss, please open another new topic.

Thanks