Wifi and BLE with dual core M4 + M0 (CY8CPROTO-062-4343W)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bbeck27
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am using the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and am attempting to design a module that takes BLE data from several devices and then passes that data along via MQTT. I am trying to use the M0 core for BLE as this is battery powered and I understand this saves quite a bit of power. The issue I am having is that despite starting with any example (BLE or WiFi or dual core) when I try to pull in the libs from the other projects I end up with many includes or build errors.  I am using ModusToolbox 2.4 

Is it possible to get a shell of a project with these libs that will build? 

I have tried copying every file over in the workspace and updating the Makefile to include anything from one Example program to the next but I still get many of these errors even when I run the Lib manager 1.4 to update.

./libs/psoc6hal/include/cyhal_hwmgr.h:61:10: fatal error: cyhal_hw_types.h: No such file or directory

/mtw/Empty_PSoC6_App/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/CM4/Source_Files/linkedList.o] Error 1
make: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/main.mk:414: secondstage_build] Error 2

0 Likes
2 Replies
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Bbeck27,

Please, I will need more clarification regarding this project.

1. What are all libraries and example programs you are using for this project?
  2. What is the procedure you are following for importing libraries?

You can refer to the ‘PSoC 6 Bluetooth Low Energy Middleware Library 3.60’ for the BLE configuration and refer to this link for developing a dual CPU design.

I hope this helps.

Thank you 

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Bbeck27
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Raj,

Basically I have combined the AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server with the AnyCloud_MQTT_Client and the  Dual-CPU_Empty_PSoC6_App

I started with the BLE_Battery_Server application and then I copied all the files from the MQTT_Client and Dual-CPU within the Project Explorer (example: under the  BLE_Batttery_Server libs folder I copied in the new files from the libs folder in the MQTT_Client app) . The next step I used was to #include everything in the Main files. I then ran Library Manager 1.4 to be sure anything that was needed was within the project. 

I did use the Dual CPU design guidelines and that was working well.  I do see that BLE HAL Library needs to be PDL for CM0 so I will need to change the example I use or start from scratch. 

Is there a better method to pull the WiFi Libs into a BLE Example Application?

0 Likes