Wi-Fi connectivity issue while using iPhone hotspot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
No_Name
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 likes given 5 questions asked

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect with  iPhone hotspot access point but getting  WWD_NOT_AUTHENTICATED error.

If anyone knows about this issue please, let me know.

FYI : Using  CYW43455 single-chip combo 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
No_Name
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

For 2.4 GHZ frequency band able to connect with iPhone hotspot Ap.

5GHz  need to port code. I think I missed some part.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

Can you provide some terminal logs? You're using WICED 6.6.1 only right? Also, let me know the security of the hotspot network you're connecting to.

Thanks

Hi,

Actually I modified some code  so terminal logs will not help much I think.

But, security type I'm using correctly. Using wwd_wifi_scan api  for getting security type. For iPhone  AP I'm getting it as WICED_SECURITY_WPA3_WPA2_PSK.

FYI: Using WICED-Studio-6.6 code 

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi,

Can you please let me know which part of WICED code you've modified? Have you made changes to the wwd driver? Also, I need the version of firmware that you're using. If it's the default one that's present in WICED, I can check on my end itself.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

Has this issue got resolved? If so, let me know else you can post the above requested details of your setup to look into this issue.

Thanks

HI,

Not resolved. Getting WWD_NOT_AUTHENTICATED error.

FYI : Using  CYW43455 single-chip combo as external module with imxRT1051 microcontroller.

With Android I'm able to connect. But facing issue while connection with iPhone hotspot.

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi,

Are you testing with fmac driver? If so, let me know the version. WICED doesn't have support for imxRT1051.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

Regarding driver I don't know much. But now I'm able to connect with iPhone hotspot.

I think due SSID it was not connecting because in SSID previously I used  's that may be reason I don't know. Now I kept SSID as simple name.

I'll try with  other 2-3 devices & let you know if any problem is there or not.

Thanks

0 Likes
No_Name
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Some time I'm able to connect with iPhone hotspot but some time not connecting.

Is there any solution for it.

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi,

Can you be more precise? By keeping the 43455 kit, iPhone constant for testing, how frequently does kit fail to connect to iPhone? And is this frequency of failure varying with different iPhones? 

I will need logs to be even able to get to identify some reason for this behaviour.

Thanks

No_Name
Level 3
Level 3

Hi 

For 2.4GZ frequency band I'm able to connect with iPhone hotspot. But for 5GZ not able to connect.

Is there any solution to support 5GZ frequency  band?

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi,

When you're connecting to 5 GHz AP,  you've to assign "WICED_802_11_BAND_5GHZ" value to macro "CLIENT_AP_BAND" defined in "wifi_config_dct.h" file of your application. Are you doing this? Also, are you setting proper value to the macro "CLIENT_AP_CHANNEL" defined in the previously mentioned file.

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hello,

Did my above suggestion help? If not, let me know what happens when you connect to 5GHz hotspot. Do you get some error? you can uncomment the wwd macros (WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_ERROR) in "wiced_defaults.h" file to get more logs.

Thanks

0 Likes
No_Name
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

For 2.4 GHZ frequency band able to connect with iPhone hotspot Ap.

5GHz  need to port code. I think I missed some part.

Thanks

0 Likes