Why is the provision for Aurdino shield given to CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W pioneer kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dheerajrb_IITB
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

What is the main advantage of having an arduino shield compatible pins  along with the PSoc pioneer kit and how does it help in an application where we want to impliment several Serial Communication Blocks to interface around 14 sensors to bild an Agri station.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @Dheerajrb_IITB ,

PSoC 6 family devices support 13 serial communication blocks. However, as per your use case can you please check if the I2C interfaced sensors have configurable address? If that is so, you can connect all the I2C sensors to the same bus and 1 SCB should be enough here. Similarly, 4 SPI sensors can be supported by a single SCB by just varying the chip select line. And, for 4 UART you would require 4 SCBs. I hope this helps. Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Dheerajrb_IITB

The PSoC pioneer kits are development kits primarily designed so that the PSoC device can be evaluated. It is more catered towards a generic use case. For more specific usage like yours, we would have to move towards custom designs. 

Also, can you please let us know the communication interface for each of these sensors?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Thanks Rakshith for the reply it was helpful,We would be required 6 I2C ,4 SPI and 4 UART type sensors  The  numbers are not particular they can go up  or down by 2 but we need to interface around 14-16 communication Blocks .So could you please suggest us the better device that can help us.If you provide which PSoC kit has that provision or else we must make custom PCB with the particular PSoC and then additional bocks required to impliment these 14 -16 Serial communication Blocks this would be a great help.

0 Likes

Hi @Dheerajrb_IITB ,

PSoC 6 family devices support 13 serial communication blocks. However, as per your use case can you please check if the I2C interfaced sensors have configurable address? If that is so, you can connect all the I2C sensors to the same bus and 1 SCB should be enough here. Similarly, 4 SPI sensors can be supported by a single SCB by just varying the chip select line. And, for 4 UART you would require 4 SCBs. I hope this helps. Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Thanks @Aashita_R , Your reply was helpful. We don't have that provision for connecting all I2C sensors with same bus and 1 SCB because each sensor senses a particular agricultural parameter and  we cannot read/write  two sensors simultaneously, we cannot afford this situation so we want seperate SCB . Could yo please suggest us a better kit where all SCBs can be used and have sufficient GPIOs for 13 SCB , if you come accross 

Thanks and Regards

Dheeraj

0 Likes