When will the PSoC 6 be available in QFN or TQFP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErNo_1148106
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

All,

When will the PSOC 6 devices be available in QFN or TQFP? I see it was supposed to be sampling in 2019??? Will it be available in 2020? Are there engineering samples? I have few designs that need the processing power and cannot use bga or csp or the module with radio. I just need the single core device running at 150 mhz. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Eric,

The device is not yet in production, so not available yet.  We expect to have all of the larger flash PSoC 6 MCUs to move to production status over the next 2-3 weeks. 

You can get the sample of this part, it’s available in a superset MPN as an engineering sample, CY8C624AAZI-S2D44ES2.

To get samples of these parts, you need to work with the local Cypress sales or distributor who can place the samples order on your behalf.

Regards
Alakananda

CY8C624AAZI-S2D44ES2.

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Eric,

The device is not yet in production, so not available yet.  We expect to have all of the larger flash PSoC 6 MCUs to move to production status over the next 2-3 weeks. 

You can get the sample of this part, it’s available in a superset MPN as an engineering sample, CY8C624AAZI-S2D44ES2.

To get samples of these parts, you need to work with the local Cypress sales or distributor who can place the samples order on your behalf.

Regards
Alakananda

CY8C624AAZI-S2D44ES2.

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for the information it certainly helps. Will this part work with Psoc Creator or is it a Modus ToolBox only part? I prefer PSOC Creator (I bricked a CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board today or so I think I did but Im not sure. I don't know modus toolbox and therefore possibly screwed something up. The device programmed once and the second time was a no go :-(((( ). Do you have a datasheet for the new part you could share? I just sent out board files for a baseboard design to be made with anticipation of the new PSoC 6 parts coming in soon and will design "cpu modules" as an upgrade to the newer chips. Ill talk to digi-key and see if they can get a hold of the engineering samples because I need some VERY soon to start testing... Please let me know at your earliest.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes

Hi Eric,

Will this part work with Psoc Creator or is it a Modus ToolBox only part?

>>It will work with MODUS TOOLBOX , it wont work with psoc creator.

You can find the preliminary datasheet in the below link - https://www.cypress.com/file/460816/download

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Thanks a bunch Alakananda!!!

0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I downloaded PSoC Creator 4.3 and noticed there are QFN parts in the chip selector now :-))))... There is one I am particularly interested in:

CY8C6347LQI-BLD52

Is this part available as an engineering sample too? I noticed it has a radio built in. Can I disable the radio and not connect anything to it? I like this part because it has UDB's which is something I will need because of a verilog component I made.

I like the other chip but not crazy about Modus Toolbox. Im afraid to try to use Modus Toolbox now. Its too stiff and its hard to even create a project from scratch(custom board option which I cant find in 2.0). Now if someone can help me fix this issue I might consider going back to using Modus Toolbox:

modus_program.JPG

I changed these items and tried programming the device and it failed:

RED LED to 13[7]:

modus_led.JPG

and UART to scb 1:

modus_uart.JPG

Im sure I did something stupid I just cant figure out what...

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes

Hi Eric,

You can find the datasheet in the below link

https://www.cypress.com/file/385921/download

You can purchase the sample through the below link

https://www.cypress.com/search/parts/CY8C6347LQI-BLD52

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes