When when will datasheets, eval boards and parts be available?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiGa_1547516
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I see the PSOC 6 Brochure and understand the part as just been announced.  When will datasheets, eval board(s) and parts be available?

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Datasheet will be posted in the next 2 weeks.

For eval boards, we will have them available in late August. Silicon will be available early October.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Datasheet will be posted in the next 2 weeks.

For eval boards, we will have them available in late August. Silicon will be available early October.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How much is the evaluation board? Is there a plan to hold WorkShop?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Eval boards will be around $75, and yes, we have plans for a workshop, but not until early to mid next year.

Thanks!

Hi iym,

I appreciate the updates on the PSOC. Great work! Our lab can't wait to get our hands on the dev board once it's released. Awesome product.

However within the next week I need to send out an expensive PCB design for fab that I would love to incorporate the new PSOC 6 on. I have read all the tech articles, but realistically need at least the pin assignments and cad drawings of the footprints. Ideally the datasheet would be best. I have been checking the community boards every day (sometimes multiple times a day ) since March 15th or so. Is there any updates on the release of the datasheet?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brody,

Thanks for your interest in PSoC 6! Regarding the datasheet, we are still refining and improving the datasheet, and the original schedule for datasheet upload this week is going to push out by another week or two. I will be sure to keep you in mind when getting the datasheet onto this community.

In saying that, would you be able to share what you are designing and what you will be using PSoC 6 for?

Appreciate the patience!

0 Likes

Thanks,

Would there be anyway of getting information just on GPIO assignments and footprints? It will be well over a month before I even get the PCBs back, but I am using a more custom process. The process will be too expensive to run two PCB designs instead of sharing area.

I am probably not at liberty to discuss all details, but our lab is current working on wirelessly powered, implanted, bio-medical recording and stimulation devices. We are testing PSOC4 and 5 designs, as well as other microcontroller FPGA combinations. The dual core aspect of the PSOC 6 with Bluetooth radio is very enticing. Furthermore it seems to fit our design in that we are very power constrained. Most of the time, the required computation is minimal, but there are sporadic events that require heavy signal processing. 

0 Likes