What are the PSoC 6 BLE parameters scanParamIndex and centralParamIndex?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeBe_1604221
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi,

I’m building a PSoC 6 BLE application using Creator V4.4. The application requires the BLE module to operate as a Central device with up to four simultaneous connections to Peripheral devices. I have been following the example CE224714 and the application note AN215671. I have configured the GAP Role of the BLE component to Central only, and have configured the maximum connections to be 4. I understand the basic concepts, and most of the detail, and so far the code I have developed is working as expected.

I have two questions, which I think have related answers:

2) What is the meaning and intended use of the scanParamIndex parameter of the Cy_BLE_GAPC_StartScan function, and

1) What is the meaning and intended use of the centralParamIndex parameter of the Cy_BLE_GAPC_ConnectDevice function.

I can find no clear explanation of these parameters, and all the examples show them only ever set to zero, or set using defines that resolve to zero.

I suspect that these both refer to which Link Layer instance is to be used (i.e. LL0, LL1, LL2, and LL3), but that is only a guess. And if that is the case, then I don’t understand why the functions Cy_BLE_GetScanState and  Cy_BLE_GAPC_StopScan do not have similar parameters.

Also, I as yet have not seen any Link Layer identifiers in any of the event call back parameters, so it does not seem to be possible to relate any call back to any specific Link layer instance, which would seem to be required if the Link Layer can be specified in some of the function calls.

If anyone can provide some more information on these parameters, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

In BLE component, there is a Tool Bar in Gap settings for adding the GAP role configurations and Security configurations as shown in attached image. You can add several configurations for one GAP role and switch between them in the code.

Yugandhar_0-1659961737170.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

In BLE component, there is a Tool Bar in Gap settings for adding the GAP role configurations and Security configurations as shown in attached image. You can add several configurations for one GAP role and switch between them in the code.

Yugandhar_0-1659961737170.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
PeBe_1604221
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Ah, now I understand. Thanks for the fast response!

0 Likes