WICED fails to download firmware to CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaWe_3266366
Level 1
Level 1

The firmware download to Cy8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT fails to download often. Sometimes simply unplugging and plugging the dev kit in will fix the issue, other times I need to restart my computer. I have also found that it will sometimes succeed with multiple tries. 

The openocd_log indicates the following error:

"writing 16384 bytes at 135168

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x61000000 pc: 0x0800879a msp: 0x0800e20c

loadimage address 134225948 foffset 131072 16384

16384 bytes written at address 0x0800201c

downloaded 16384 bytes in 0.696497s (22.972 KiB/s)

Error: error writing data: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Error: error writing data: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_DISCONNECT failed.

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_CONNECT failed.

Error: Failed to write memory and, additionally, failed to find out where

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x21000000 pc: 0x080087a4 msp: 0x0800e20c

Error: mem2array: Read @ 0x08002018, w=4, cnt=1, failed

apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl:110: Error:

in procedure 'sflash_write_file'

in procedure 'program_sflash' called at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 283

in procedure 'memread32' called at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 230

at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 110

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_LED failed."

Is their something in wrong in my configuration?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ToddD_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hello,

There were some issues with OpenOCD in WICED 6.1. Those issues are getting fixed in WICED 6.2. In the meantime you can following the steps found here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14909

Sorry about this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

What make target are you using?

I'm using the CE222494 - PSoC 6 WICED WiFi Demo code example of the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT and I see no issues with downloading the firmware image. I'm using this make target - demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

Try erasing the device flash once (Main Flash and WFlash) from PSoC Programmer and then try loading the flash image and see if that helps.

0 Likes
ToddD_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hello,

There were some issues with OpenOCD in WICED 6.1. Those issues are getting fixed in WICED 6.2. In the meantime you can following the steps found here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14909

Sorry about this.