cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC™ 6

JaWe_3266366
New Contributor

The firmware download to Cy8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT fails to download often. Sometimes simply unplugging and plugging the dev kit in will fix the issue, other times I need to restart my computer. I have also found that it will sometimes succeed with multiple tries. 

The openocd_log indicates the following error:

"writing 16384 bytes at 135168

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x61000000 pc: 0x0800879a msp: 0x0800e20c

loadimage address 134225948 foffset 131072 16384

16384 bytes written at address 0x0800201c

downloaded 16384 bytes in 0.696497s (22.972 KiB/s)

Error: error writing data: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Error: error writing data: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_DISCONNECT failed.

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_CONNECT failed.

Error: Failed to write memory and, additionally, failed to find out where

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x21000000 pc: 0x080087a4 msp: 0x0800e20c

Error: mem2array: Read @ 0x08002018, w=4, cnt=1, failed

apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl:110: Error:

in procedure 'sflash_write_file'

in procedure 'program_sflash' called at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 283

in procedure 'memread32' called at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 230

at file "apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl", line 110

Error: CMSIS-DAP command CMD_LED failed."

Is their something in wrong in my configuration?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ToddD_41
Employee

Hello,

There were some issues with OpenOCD in WICED 6.1. Those issues are getting fixed in WICED 6.2. In the meantime you can following the steps found here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14909

Sorry about this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee

What make target are you using?

I'm using the CE222494 - PSoC 6 WICED WiFi Demo code example of the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT and I see no issues with downloading the firmware image. I'm using this make target - demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

Try erasing the device flash once (Main Flash and WFlash) from PSoC Programmer and then try loading the flash image and see if that helps.

0 Likes
ToddD_41
Employee

Hello,

There were some issues with OpenOCD in WICED 6.1. Those issues are getting fixed in WICED 6.2. In the meantime you can following the steps found here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14909

Sorry about this.

View solution in original post

Top labels