WICED OpenOCD driver compilation error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dpugaz
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi all,

I have a CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT dev kit and recently have come across a persistent annoying error even during compilation of a sample application such as snip.scan. While making sure other processes and applications weren't running that would use OpenOCD drivers, the console output during a build of snip.scan still complains. Here is a sample of the latest output. Any edits I've attempted to make would only be on the snip.c source file which is only adding print statements.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Resetting target
Target running
Build complete

Making .gdbinit

Please advise - this hasn't happened before when I worked on this devkit but I feel I might be overlooking something with my build targets ("snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run" and " snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download run ") or setup of the devkit. Very rarely, the build will complete without this error. WICED version is 6.6

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

The issue must probably be with the kitprog firmware. Can you try putting the device to bootloader mode, update the firmware. Then put the device to kp3-hid or kp2-hid mode and try.

This should fix your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R

If not already done, can you try using the device with kitprog2 and check?

0 Likes
dpugaz
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I've attempted this with both programming modes - I'm running a windows 10 machine and have had trouble even with reinstalling  WICED Studio 6.6 and disconnecting/reconnecting the boards. I don't know what else to try at this point. Have you heard of anyone coming across this error specifically on 6.6 lately?

0 Likes
Murali_R

The issue must probably be with the kitprog firmware. Can you try putting the device to bootloader mode, update the firmware. Then put the device to kp3-hid or kp2-hid mode and try.

This should fix your issue.

0 Likes