Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
carrino
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

I have found conflicting information.  

From PDL: https://infineon.github.io/psoc6pdl/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__sysclk__wco.html?fbc...

The WCO can also be used in bypass mode, where an external 32.768 kHz square wave is brought in directly through the SRSS_WCO_OUT_PIN pin.

from AN218241  PSoC™ 6 MCU hardware design considerationshttps://documentation.infineon.com/html/psoc6/kwz1667482930244.html

In addition, the WCO block can be bypassed altogether and a 32.768-kHz external sine wave can be directly fed to the WCO_OUT pin. In this configuration, the WCO_IN pin should be left floating. To bypass the WCO using PSoC Creator, enable WCO in Configure System clocks window and set the Clock port radio button in the Configure WCO dialog box to Bypass (External sine wave) as shown in Figure 11. In ModusToolbox, enable WCO in the Device Configurator (design.modus) and set the Clock Port to Bypass (External sine wave) as shown in Figure 12. This will configure the WCO block to route a 32.768-kHz clock (sine wave signal) on WCO_OUT pin to RTC and LFCLK. Make sure that the WCO_IN pin is not used and left floating in the design.

1 Solution
Arpit_S
50 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @carrino , @Rodo , @euggersh ,

The signal can either be Square Wave or Sine Wave.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Arpit_S

Hi @carrino 

Can you please help me in pointing out the conflicting info that you have found? I am not able to pin point it.

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Maybe this picture will make it easier to see the discrepancy.WCOsineORsquare.png

0 Likes
carrino
Level 2
Level 2

Sine vs Square wave.

0 Likes
carrino
Level 2
Level 2

I have a square wave external oscillator that I want to use, but everything says sine wave, except that one place in the PDL that says square wave.  

And at the very bottom of AN218241 where it says

Is the external 32.768-kHz square wave clock connected to WCO_OUT pin and WCO_IN left floating?

0 Likes
euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

@Arpit_S, will anybody from Infineon be following up to clarify this documentation inconsistency? 

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @carrino , @Rodo , @euggersh ,

The signal can either be Square Wave or Sine Wave.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

@Arpit_S Could you be more specific about the sinewave. A sinewave could be bipolar (positive and negative). Is that ok? Thanks.

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @Rodo ,

The peak values of this sine wave are limited to -Vd and VDD+Vd, where Vd is the forward biasing voltage of the ESD body diodes (about 0.6V) and VDD is the supply voltage.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes