Voltage Error on VDD_NS Pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mrinal
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello

This is the first time I have made a custom PCB for PSOC-6 device. I had been using PSOC-4 and 5 till date. Mistakenly the VDD_NS pin has been connected to GND instead of 3.3V. I am using Kitprog to program the device using SWD however I get a programming error. The device number is CY8C6137BZI-F54.

- Is it OK let the VDD_NS pin at 0V if we configure to use the LDO instead of SIMO buck?

- Is it possible that the programming error is because of the VDD_NS pin being connected to 0V instead of 3.3V? (I have configured the system settings for LDO and not SIMO)

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @Mrinal 

Yes, kitprog does not support the PSoC 6 device. You can refer to the Kitprog User Guide to see the list of supported kits and guides.

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog

Ekta_0-1642998795626.png

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog2

Ekta_1-1642999355456.png

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog3
Ekta_2-1642999387762.png

Also, the VDD_NS pin should not be connected to 0V even if the SIMO buck is not being used. You can refer to the PSoC 6 Hardware consideration Guide for proper connection and voltage supply range for the  VDD-NS block.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mrinal
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Just realized that PSOC-6 is not programmable using Kitprog. I used kitprog3 present on CY8CKIT-062 and I was able to program the MCU. I had also made modifications to the PCB manually to connect VDD_NS to 3.3V. But I think the issue was not VDD_NS but incompatibility of PSOC-6 and kitprog. 

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @Mrinal 

Yes, kitprog does not support the PSoC 6 device. You can refer to the Kitprog User Guide to see the list of supported kits and guides.

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog

Ekta_0-1642998795626.png

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog2

Ekta_1-1642999355456.png

Development kits and devices supported by Kitprog3
Ekta_2-1642999387762.png

Also, the VDD_NS pin should not be connected to 0V even if the SIMO buck is not being used. You can refer to the PSoC 6 Hardware consideration Guide for proper connection and voltage supply range for the  VDD-NS block.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes