Vector Unit general questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrVa_4472456
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked
  1. Is the vector unit capable of running when the actual CPU is in sleep or deep sleep?
  2. What are the approximate timings for ECDSA signing and verification assuming the Clk_Peri is running at 75MHz?

Thanks!

Bryan 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @BrVa_4472456 ,

There is a similar thread that has answered the first question: https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/Crypto-block-sleep-operation/m-p/78960

Regarding the second question, I have attached some benchmarking figures for different crypto operations at 50Mhz (Clk_Peri). Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @BrVa_4472456 ,

There is a similar thread that has answered the first question: https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/Crypto-block-sleep-operation/m-p/78960

Regarding the second question, I have attached some benchmarking figures for different crypto operations at 50Mhz (Clk_Peri). Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj 

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for putting these numbers together for us! Is it possible to provide the source used for some of the benchmark numbers? The ones really of interest are:

• ECDSA-secp256r1 (sign and verify)
  • ECDH-secp256r1

Thanks again!

Bryan

0 Likes

Hey @DheerajK_81 ,

Just pinging the above request about the source code used to generate those timings.

Thanks!

Bryan

0 Likes

Hello @BrVa_4472456 ,

The source codes are mostly similar to what you see in the Crypto API documentation. You can use them as references. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi @DheerajK_81 ,

I looked through the documentation and didn't see any examples for the ECC functionality. I also didn't see any API reference to the ECDH processing specifically. Please advise.

0 Likes