Using PSoC 3/4/5 striplights library with PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I am attempting to use the custom striplights library (from the "funwithleds" example - search PSoC 4 forum) with PSoC 6.

So far when including the dependency and then copying across the components from my existing PSoC 4 TopDesign to my new PSoC 6 TopDesign, the only component I had to swap out was the Digital Output Pin component (v2.20). Also got an error saying that double sync not available.

Then when I include a v1.0 Digital Output Pin component I keep getting this message "Signal 'Net_XXX' (which is the connection between the component SO output and the digital pin) is floating (not driven by anything)"

How do I fix this error?

I've attached an archive demonstrating the problem.

StripLights2.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

Hello GerrikoIoT​,

PFA the updated library and project that "builds" for PSoC 6 - I say "builds" because I have not tested the code

The reason the net was floating was because it was actually floating as you did not have any schematic for PSoC 6 family - the component only had PSoC 3/4/5 port available and not PSoC6. In addition for the code to compile for PSoC 6, I had to tweak certain part of the code - like adding PDL APIs for interrupt enable and configure (You can do a diff ). Also, I had to use PSoC 6 version of clock and interrupt component in the StripLights_v2_2.cysch file for PSoC 6. I am not really sure if the interrupt mode would work - but the code currently assumes both the ISRs will be mapped to only one core (you can change it in the library if you need).

You can probably test it out and let me if you face any issues.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

8 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hi Gerriko,

Please share your workspace.

Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes

Sure. I've attached an archived project bundle, of a simple example, in the original post.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello GerrikoIoT​,

PFA the updated library and project that "builds" for PSoC 6 - I say "builds" because I have not tested the code

The reason the net was floating was because it was actually floating as you did not have any schematic for PSoC 6 family - the component only had PSoC 3/4/5 port available and not PSoC6. In addition for the code to compile for PSoC 6, I had to tweak certain part of the code - like adding PDL APIs for interrupt enable and configure (You can do a diff ). Also, I had to use PSoC 6 version of clock and interrupt component in the StripLights_v2_2.cysch file for PSoC 6. I am not really sure if the interrupt mode would work - but the code currently assumes both the ISRs will be mapped to only one core (you can change it in the library if you need).

You can probably test it out and let me if you face any issues.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

Thanks very much, Meenakshi. Much appreciated. Yes, I will test shortly. Yes, seems perfectly fine to me to have both ISR's mapped to one core. Once again thanks for this.

0 Likes

Hi Meenakshi

I am not sure if I can edit the library directly as I used slightly different settings and it failed to build. These are the errors:

pastedImage_0.png

For the component I used these settings:

pastedImage_1.png

I assigned the StripLights_cisr and StripLights_fisr interrupts to CM0+.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello GerrikoIoT​,

My bad, I missed few things in the SLights.c and .h files for Interrupt operation.

Try using the attached files in the place of old SLights.c/.h files in the StripLights library.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

Hi Meenakshi

Thanks. It is working.

This is awesome!!!

G://

I know this is a year old post, but I keep having problems with the look up table and not sure how to fix it.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes