Using Global Signal Reference Enters Interrupt Handler All Unexpectedly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoYa_4324706
Level 3
Level 3
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

I am trying to use the Global Signal Reference component to generate interrupt (on both edges from a GPIO input pin).

I've called these three functions based on what I did for other interrupt sources:

Cy_SysInt_Init(exti, button_isr);

NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ(exti_cfg.intrSrc);

NVIC_EnableIRQ(exti_cfg.intrSrc);

where button_isr is my handler function.

However, when I try to enter the debug mode and set a breakpoint at the beginning of my handler, it jumps right into it and somehow will keep getting to this handler indefinitely (even without changing the GPIO input). As a Global Signal component, is there anything else required for configuration that is different from other interrupt component in PSoC 6?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

AlakanandaB_86​ Thank you for the answer. I have figured out that I forgot to clear the interrupts in my interrupt handler (Cy_GPIO_ClearInterrupt), which would have solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi JoYa_4324706​,

I have attached the sample project which detects GPIO on both the edges.

Can you please look at this as a reference for your project and let me know if anything more is required.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

AlakanandaB_86​ Thank you for the answer. I have figured out that I forgot to clear the interrupts in my interrupt handler (Cy_GPIO_ClearInterrupt), which would have solved the issue.

0 Likes