Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ken_Zhang
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Dear

I use Modus offline version to build https://github.com/infineon/training-modustoolbox-level3-wifi/project/key_ch04b_05_httpbin, it shows " fatal error: core_pkcs11.h, thansport_interface.h ,no such file or directory".

I check mtb_share/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/ or/aws-iot-device-sdk-port/ concent,  no the error *.h file, so Could you update them when release the Modus offline version?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 10 questions asked

Hi,

How to run " git submodule update --init --recursive"? use modus-shell tool?
Yes, in modus-shell, locate the repo and run the command.

And I copy a new " aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C.zip " package from other guys, maybe it is downloaded online version, unzip and replace it in my "mtw2.4\mtb_shared\aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C\202103.00, it can resolve my issue.
Sure. It's equivalent to the command.

So do your team also do it before releasing the new offline modus version?
We can't do this for you. It's not part of the offline content package mechanism because submodules are submodules. It's off the limits. You can only manually fix this.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Roy_Liu
First comment on KBA 10 questions asked First comment on blog

Hi Ken,

May you have a try with the online version Modus using the method by a community contributor here https://community.infineon.com/t5/Code-Examples/ModusToolbox-URL-Modifier/td-p/366015 

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Ken_Zhang
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Roy

Sorry, I must use modus offline version, can you other method to reslove it?

0 Likes
Roy_Liu
First comment on KBA 10 questions asked First comment on blog

No problem Ken, I mentioned the online version is just an option for you, if you have to use the offline,  we may also help to check, but frankly, I am not sure how soon and if can be fixed once for all with the offline version.

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Hi,

AWS-IoT-related middleware has submodules, which can't be cached by offline content package for now. So you would see this error for sure.

Meanwhile, your issue can't be easily resolved if you insist on using the offline content package. In this case, You have to manually initiate the submodules using the below command (which also requires network connections):

git submodule update --init --recursive

This is documented in the instructions of aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C and aws-iot-device-sdk-port:

https://github.com/aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C

Best regards

0 Likes
Ken_Zhang
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Charles

And I copy a new " aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C.zip " package  from other guys, maybe it is downloaded online version , unzip  and replace it in my "mtw2.4\mtb_shared\aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C\202103.00, it can reslove my issue. 

So do your team also do it before release the new offline modus version? 

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Hi,

Yes, in modus-shell, locate the repo and run the command.

And I copy a new " aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C.zip " package from other guys, maybe it is downloaded online version, unzip and replace it in my "mtw2.4\mtb_shared\aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C\202103.00, it can resolve my issue.
Sure. It's equivalent to the command.

So do your team also do it before releasing the new offline modus version?
We can't do this for you. It's not part of the offline content package mechanism because submodules are submodules. It's off the limits. You can only manually fix this.

Best regards

0 Likes