Usb Clock with IMO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
psoc_student
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Screenshot_20220502-213651_Elentec.jpg

Hello, I am making a custom board using CY8C6136.

While looking at the TRM documentation, you should use Clock with a 0.25% error rate in USB Device mode and there was also a way to use IMO below.

If so, does it mean that the error rate is about 0.25% when using USB using IMO?

I wonder what the error rate is when operating USB using IMO. Also, if the error rate is very high, I would like to know how to adjust it.

Thankyou for your apply

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

psoc_student,

... If so, does it mean that the error rate is about 0.25% when using USB using IMO?

Yes.  If you configure the IMO as the internal source clock AND configure the internal USB, the IMO clock will lock onto the USB clock from the host USB and in effect keep the IMO clock to +/- 0.25 % accuracy.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

psoc_student,

... If so, does it mean that the error rate is about 0.25% when using USB using IMO?

Yes.  If you configure the IMO as the internal source clock AND configure the internal USB, the IMO clock will lock onto the USB clock from the host USB and in effect keep the IMO clock to +/- 0.25 % accuracy.

Len
0 Likes

Hello @Len_CONSULTRON 

Then, is it okay to operate the USB device mode only with IMO + PLL?

0 Likes

I don't see why you couldn't.

Len
0 Likes