Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cjh39
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello,

I am trying to reprovision the CY8CKEY-064S0S2-4343W for the AWS_IoT_OTA_MQTT Example and continue with the next commands.

I have ran the

cysecuretools -t CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W -p policy/policy_multi_CM0_CM4_tfm_dev_certs.json re-provision-device

and have received

"RE-PROVISIONING PASSED"

Can you please take a look at the Log File attached and let me know how to fix it ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pushyanth_K
100 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Have you tried changing the function load_pem_x509_certficate() as I suggested in the above comment? Since you said re-provision-device command is working fine. This is enough, you don't have to use reprov_helper script again though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Pushyanth_K

Hi @cjh39 ,

Could you send the directory containing the provisioning files (possibly: trusted-firmware-m/release-v1.3.5/security). I'll try to re-produce the issue from my side.

Best Regards,

Pushyanth

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Pushyanth,

This is the security directory.

I noticed I have a release-v1.3.100 directory too, but I ran this from the 1.3.5

Please let me know what to do

Thanks

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K
Looks like bytearray is passed to load_pem_x509_cerƟficate() function. You can change the "data" to bytes using bytes() in C:\Infineon\Tools\ModusToolbox\tools_3.0\python\lib\sitepackages\cryptography\x509\base.py line 583 and try again. This is not happening from my side though. What version of cryptography and cysecuretools are using?
0 Likes

Hello

We have

python 3.8.10

openSSL 1.1.1q 5 Jul 2022

cysecuretools: 3.1.0

We have had an extensive amount of trouble trying to get this AWS IoT: Over-the-air firmware upgrade using MQTT previously.

Is there an updated document. This current document appears to have errors, and each step there is a problem.

What version of python, openssl, cysecuretools do we need. Also I am aware of release 1.3.5, release 1.3.100 and release 1.3.110. I do not know which one to start with either, or is there a newer version.

Please let us know how to start fresh so we can minimize the errors

also , I tried to install cysecuretools again, and there is an error:

cjh39_0-1698978673073.png

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Have you tried changing the function load_pem_x509_certficate() as I suggested in the above comment? Since you said re-provision-device command is working fine. This is enough, you don't have to use reprov_helper script again though.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

I have attached the base.py because I do not see what exactly to change on line 583. I think this is different from your base.py.... but please read below

The

$ cysecuretools -t CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W -p policy/policy_multi_CM0_CM4_tfm_dev_certs.json re-provision-device

appears to be successful , and you said I do not have to run the reprov_helper script..

So  I believe the next step is "Open a serial terminal emulator and select the KitProg3" step.

cjh39_0-1699520849499.png

The problem is , this is the README.md for the AWS_IoT_OTA_Using_MQTT_F1 

I do not see anywhere in the document "Step-by-Step" instructions for the next steps..

Where are the "Build and program the application per the Step-by-Step instructions in its README" ?

Please let me know, the instructions are very difficult to follow.

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

The build and program application are at "operation" section (Step 7). Step 1 to Step 6 is about initial setup and updating the Wifi credentials. 

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Locking thread due to inactivity.

0 Likes