Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

stan4233_475378
Employee
10 likes given 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins
Employee

Hello,

I have the CY8CEVAL-062S2 with LAIRD M.2 module and running MTB 2.4.  If I create any Bluetooth example with the PSoC6 BSP = CY8CEVAL-062S2-LAI-4373M2, I'm unable to open the Bluetooth Configurator in that example.  The error message is:

Unable to run external editor: Unable to launch configurator: ../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/open.mk:179: *** Unsupported tool type - bt-configurator.
Supported types are: capsense-configurator capsense-tuner device-configurator dfuh-tool library-manager ml-configurator project-creator qspi-configurator seglcd-configurator smartio-configurator usbdev-configurator. Stop.

The same error happens if BSP = CY8CEVAL-062S2-MUR-43439M2.

But if BSP = CY8CKIT-062S2-43012, then the Bluetooth Configurator 2.50 can be launched successfully.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
Moderator 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @stan4233_475378 ,

There seems be to some issue with the linking of the BT configurator with the project. Will look into it and work on a fix. In the mean time, please try opening the configurator by clicking the design.cybt file in the project workspace>'your project'.  It is usually after main.c file. If there is some error in that also, please do the following: Right click on design.cybt>external>bt-configurator. Please try this work around and let us know if there are any issues with this so that your work does not get stalled.

Thanks and regards.

Advait

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
advait_kulkarni
Moderator 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @stan4233_475378 ,

There seems be to some issue with the linking of the BT configurator with the project. Will look into it and work on a fix. In the mean time, please try opening the configurator by clicking the design.cybt file in the project workspace>'your project'.  It is usually after main.c file. If there is some error in that also, please do the following: Right click on design.cybt>external>bt-configurator. Please try this work around and let us know if there are any issues with this so that your work does not get stalled.

Thanks and regards.

Advait

0 Likes
stan4233_475378
Employee
10 likes given 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins
Employee

Hi Advait,

If I click design.cybt file, the same error occurs.

If I right-click design.cybt, then browse to "bt-configurator" executable as an External Program, I'm able to open the Bluetooth Configurator 2.50.

Thanks for the workaround!

0 Likes