Unable to Program PSoC6: "Warn : SFlash programming allowed for regions: USER, TOC, KEY" and "Can't Open CMSIS-DAP port" errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cvanbeek
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello Infineon Support,

I ran into a frustrating issue today with my CY8CPROTO-062-4343W eval board.  I have been developing and debugging an application on the board for a couple of weeks now.  Suddenly today, I am unable to program the board with the KitProg3 debugger.  When I try to launch a project (in ModusToolbox 2.4.0), I get the following output:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.11.0+dev-4.3.0.1746 (2021-09-16-07:59)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
	http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
adapter speed: 2000 kHz
adapter srst delay: 25
adapter srst pulse_width: 25
** Auto-acquire enabled, use "set ENABLE_ACQUIRE 0" to disable
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
Info : Using CMSIS-flash algorithms 'CY8C6xxA_SMIF' for bank 'psoc6_smif0_cm0' (footprint 15752 bytes)
Info : CMSIS-flash: ELF path: ../flm/cypress/cat1a/CY8C6xxA_SMIF.FLM
Info : CMSIS-flash: Address range:     0x18000000-0x1FFFFFFF
Info : CMSIS-flash: Program page size: 0x00001000 bytes
Info : CMSIS-flash: Erase sector size: 0x00040000 bytes, unified
Warn : SFlash programming allowed for regions: USER, TOC, KEY

It doesn't matter if I try to program the board in debug mode or not, I always get this error.  I've tried programming my project, as well as multiple different example projects.  I've tried pressing the reset button on the board as well as the SW3 MODE button on the programmer, in different sequences.  I have tried all the USB ports on my computer.  I have tried restarting my computer.  No matter what I do, I get this error.

It also seems to be something local to my computer.  I have multiple eval boards, and when I try to program any of them from my PC, I get this error.  However, I had my co-worker try to program them from his PC, and then they worked.

I am also not able to connect to the board in the PSoC Programmer application (version 3.29.1).  When I try to connect, I always get this error: 'Can't Open CMSIS-DAP port'

Failed Connect to  at 12:49:08 PM                  	| Can't Open CMSIS-DAP port
Opening Port at 12:49:08 PM                        	| 

Could someone please let me know what could be causing this issues.

Best regards,

Cory

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @cvanbeek ,

Were you observing an error after this line?

I observe the following error when my kit is not connected to my PC and I try to program the same as shown below:

AlenAn14_0-1644255066307.png

So from the looks of this, it seems to be that you have a connection issue on the kit a loose contact on the USB connector side maybe which explains why you are able to program the same correctly at times.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
cvanbeek
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

A couple of days after I posted this, I got to the office and was able to program the board.  I hadn't made any changes since the night before when it hadn't worked.  Today, I got into my office, and I cannot program the board again.  Same error today as the one listed in this post.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is getting very frustrating.

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @cvanbeek ,

Can you please share with us the complete log file of the output console during programming that contains the error?

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Hi Alen,

The code segment in the original output contains the full output of the debugger.  Is there something else you are looking for?

It seems this issue magically fixed itself again this morning, so I will need to wait until it happens again to include additional information.

Best regards,

Cory

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @cvanbeek ,

Were you observing an error after this line?

I observe the following error when my kit is not connected to my PC and I try to program the same as shown below:

AlenAn14_0-1644255066307.png

So from the looks of this, it seems to be that you have a connection issue on the kit a loose contact on the USB connector side maybe which explains why you are able to program the same correctly at times.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes

There was no output after this line:

It's weird that it would be a USB connection issue since I tried unplugging and re-plugging it in and changing USB ports on my computer.  I can play around with the connection some more the next time I see this issue.  I should be able to see in device manager if the debugger is connected or not.

0 Likes