USB cannot enumerate after switching to bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I have USB CDC enabled in my PSoC 62 application and bootloader.  When I switch from the application to the bootloader using the function Cy_Bootload_ExecuteApp(0), USB will not enumerate after the bootloader starts.  The device manager shows Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).  Before calling Cy_Bootload_ExecuteApp(0) I call USBFS_Stop() and delayed 10s before starting bootloader and I still see this problem.  The USB device disappears from the PC device manager 2s after I call USBFS_Stop().  When the bootloader starts running, I see the Unknown USB Device error even before I initialized USB so I think USBFS_Stop() is not enough to reset the USB state on the PSoC.  What else do I need to do in the application or bootloader to allow USB to work across app switch to bootloader?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I am using PSoC Creator and beta USB driver.  I switched to final driver from PDL 3.1.0 and it works.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello ,

Can you please attach your project? Are you using Modus or PSoC Creator for creating the project?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

I am using PSoC Creator and beta USB driver.  I switched to final driver from PDL 3.1.0 and it works.  Thanks.