USB Composite device: Audio + CDC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GePa_4776901
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a composite USB device with Audio and CDC.

I'm using the Example:  "USB_Audio_Device_FreeRTOS", and trying to remove the HID device and replace it with a CDC, because I need serial communications on my application.

But, I can't get it to recognize this combination.  I've seen some old posts from people trying to do the same, and I'm also adding "Interface Association Descriptor" right before the Audio and right before the CDC Interface Descriptors... but I either get one or the other, or none working, but haven't been able to get Windows to recognize both devices.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Modus Toolbox and the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W (PSoc 6)

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @GePa_4776901 

I tried creating the creating a USB descriptor with the Audio and CDC class and was able to enumerate both the classes. I have attached the descriptor with the reply. Can you try making a similar configuration in your project and let me know your observation.

In case you still face issues kindly attach your project/USB descriptor.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @GePa_4776901 

I tried creating the creating a USB descriptor with the Audio and CDC class and was able to enumerate both the classes. I have attached the descriptor with the reply. Can you try making a similar configuration in your project and let me know your observation.

In case you still face issues kindly attach your project/USB descriptor.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes

I finally get it to recognize both and to work.

The problem I have right now is that when I send a frame of 8 bytes or less thru serial CDC, it freezes (it causes a DMA overflow), but the interesting part is that longer frames don't cause that problem. That only happens while the computer is using the Audio... otherwise the CDC works fine.

Any idea of what could be causing this issue?

I'm using Automatic DMA.

GePa_4776901_0-1635945590573.png

And this is the USB descriptor:

GePa_4776901_0-1635963438816.png

Why longer frames don't cause overflow, only the small ones?

0 Likes