UART issue in Psoc6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anikseng
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am new to PSOC6. I have been trying to get the UART running by following the instruction given in the YouTube tutorial(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJOF2f423nI&list=PLIOkqhZiy83H81AhLcjwIKkB9w07JQZS6&index=5).

I am not getting smooth output, rather a gibberish output in the beginning and some random spaces are appearing in the output as shown below:

anikseng_0-1669080232111.png

stdio_user.h file has been modified as demonstrated in the tutorial and my main program is in CM4 as shown below:

anikseng_1-1669080312152.png

Is there anything that I am missing here?

I would be glad if you could provide some solution to this as it is very urgent.

@Yugandhar 

Thanking you,

Anik Sengupta

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sidramesh_S
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi  @anikseng ,

You are getting the output based on your code and to get desired output you have to write the code accordingly.

In your main program in the 30th line within the printf statement:-

After %c you mentioned a string "Anik"  that's why after every character entry Anik is displayed  Also, you wrote \n, that's why for every character entry, entered a character and Anik String is displayed in a new line.

I have attached a code snippet where I executed the Echo program without writing a string and \n within the printf statement, kindly refer
Sidramesh_3-1669116834116.png

And I can view the data in the Tera Term and Putty Software.

Sidramesh_4-1669116885692.png

Sidramesh_5-1669116892952.png

So please check once whether you are using both the software at the same time i.e you can't connect kitprog with the two software simultaneously. If you are using it once at a time, share the snippet where you are stuck with respect to Tera Term.

Thanks and regards,

Sidramesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
anikseng
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Also want to add one more point is that there is no output when I use the Tera Term.

0 Likes
Sidramesh_S
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi  @anikseng ,

You are getting the output based on your code and to get desired output you have to write the code accordingly.

In your main program in the 30th line within the printf statement:-

After %c you mentioned a string "Anik"  that's why after every character entry Anik is displayed  Also, you wrote \n, that's why for every character entry, entered a character and Anik String is displayed in a new line.

I have attached a code snippet where I executed the Echo program without writing a string and \n within the printf statement, kindly refer
Sidramesh_3-1669116834116.png

And I can view the data in the Tera Term and Putty Software.

Sidramesh_4-1669116885692.png

Sidramesh_5-1669116892952.png

So please check once whether you are using both the software at the same time i.e you can't connect kitprog with the two software simultaneously. If you are using it once at a time, share the snippet where you are stuck with respect to Tera Term.

Thanks and regards,

Sidramesh

0 Likes