Triggers and TCPWM in PSoC 6 CY8C6xx4 family

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I'm trying to understand, via the Architecture TRM, Registers TRM, and the PDL documentation how the Trigger Mux's connect to the PWM Trigger inputs.

I can see that there are 2 Trigger Mux groups, 2 and 3, that connect into the TCPWM's.  It looks like the TCPWMx_GRPy_CNTz_TR_IN_SEL1 register is used to select the trigger source for the START signal to the TCPWM.  It looks like I can chose between 139 possible trigger choices per figure 25-3 in the TRM.  It seems like I can pick the same trigger for each of the counters I might want to control.  I want to understand in more detail what is happening

1) Trigger group 2 vs Trigger group 3, which one is used and where is this documented?

2) There are 28 outputs from those 2 trigger groups.  How are they routed to the PWM's, where is this documented in the architecture or where is a register controlling this?

3) I cannot understand Table 29-2 in the TRM, there is no indication of what registers control this "selection"?

The PDL documentation shows that I can use Cy_TrigMux_SwTrigger to software trigger all my TCPWM's to START at the same time, but I am unclear how this occurs without understanding the mux connections from the Trigger mux to the individual TCPWM's.  Please help my understanding.

And note, this is for the 6xx4 family which is the Ver 2 style of TCPWM and muxing.

0 Likes
4 Replies