There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I have been working with a PSoC6 CY8PROTO-063-BLE board, and have a functioning program.

I have now moved to our target hardware, which uses exactly, precisely the SAME (as in SAME) PSoC 6 MCU.

I have tried repeatedly to program it, using PSoC Creator 4.4 (running on Windoze 7), with a MiniProg4 HW05 Firmware 2.10.878, which I have used to program other target boards.

The programmer software must be talking to the MCU,  because it brings up the Target Selection dialog, so I can decide which of the two CPUs I want to debug. Once I select the CPU, it attempts to program the MCU, and the result is always (as in all the time, every time I try this) this error message:

There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0073F264: Unknown SROM status code)

There are few options for the Port Configuration in the MiniProg4: 3.3V and SWD, acquire mode can be either Reset or Power Cycle, I have tried both.
The connection from the MiniProg4 to the target PCB is a TagConnect cable, about 6" (15cm) long. It is right next to (as in immediately next to, as close as it could be without drilling holes in the module, to the MCU module.
I do not see anything here that resembles a solution, just messages that imply a hope that the problem will magically go away if you keep asking the same questions. Please see the attached screen captures.
I am already very disillusioned with PSoC6. I am now dead-in-the-water.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @StKr_1203736 

You have mentioned that you are observing the issue after you have moved to your target hardware, which uses exactly, the PSoC 6 MCU. 

Can you please confirm if you have followed the guidelines mentioned in the PSoC 6 Hardware design considerations. Kindly attach the schematic if possible.

2. Can you please confirm if you are observing the same issue when using PSoC Programmer?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

I cannot really comment on the hardware, as I did not design it. For testing up to this point, I have been using Vprog = 3.3V, which really does not adequately power the Buck regulator to operate properly. But I have measured 1.9V at module pins 3 and 4, which according to the datasheet should be adequate to power the device. I have not (yet) observed the power supply lines with an oscilloscope, and it is possible that the regulator does not support current spikes during programming. I will retest this with Vprog = 5V, which should result in 3.3V at the module.

I did find the module documentation rather confusing. I had originally assumed that the pinout display in PSoC Creator was a TOP view, but it is a (rather useless) bottom view.

StKr_1203736_0-1622920242404.png

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello @StKr_1203736 

I went through the schematic and here are my comments:

1. We recommend to put a 10 uF capacitor in parallel with a 0.1uF capacitor on the VDDD pin as can be seen in the image below

Ekta_2-1623748718798.png

2. You have to externally pull up the XRES pin to VDDD via a 4.7-kΩ resistor. This will make sure that the XRES pin is not left floating in the design and the device can function properly. You can also connect a capacitor (typically 0.1 µF) to the XRES pin, as Figure 17 shows, to filter out glitches and give the reset signal better noise immunity.

Ekta_1-1623748598255.png

3. Kindly ensure that the connections of the SWD lines and other pins to the Miniprog are correct.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Thank you for not providing any useful information. If you go back and look at the schematic I supplied (that is the diagram that represents the circuit as implemented) you will notice that the PSoC 6 MCU that is specified is a BLE MODULE, not a a raw MCU. A module, as in a chip on a PCB with a PCB antenna and additional circuitry. The schematic for this module (EXACTLY the SAME module used in the PSoC6 CY8PROTO-063-BLE board) already contains the above suggested circuitry.

In case you are not familiar with the module, I have attached the schematic below:

StKr_1203736_0-1623782728843.png

It does not sow the 0.1uF cap from XRES to GND.
It would be rather difficult to add additional decoupling and filtering at the PSoC6 IC, because it is inside the module.

Steve

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1. Since 3.3 V Miniprog4 provided 1.9 V on module pins 3 and 4. Did you try providing  5V at the Vprog? 
This might provide sufficient voltage to the device for programming.

2. Did you try using another Miniprog4 for programming the board? 

3. Could you try programming the board using PSoC Programmer. PSoC Programmer should display the voltage detected.

Thanks 

Ekta

0 Likes