The BSP for the PSoC64 in ModusToolbox 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Gintaras
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Dear Team,

Do you have a PSoC64 (CYB06447BZI-BLD53 preferred) BSP example for the ModusToolbox 3.0?

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pushyanth_K
100 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hi @Gintaras ,

Currently there are no PSoC64 BSPs available, but they will be released  into github in few days.

Thanks and Regards,

Pushyanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Gintaras ,

Please refer to the Infineon github and search for code example supported for specific boards.

The below screenshot shows the code examples supported for PSoC64 (CYB06447BZI-BLD53 ) BSP .

Gautami_12_0-1669279813701.png

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

Hi Gautami,

The Project Creator 2.0 in MTB 3.0 shows this:

BSP: CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE

"Note: The 'CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE' BSP uses the ModusToolbox 2.x format and so only 2.x-format template applications will be presented when you click "Next". See Application Note AN235297 for instructions on modifying the BSP to be compatible with 3.x content."

And old format project is being created using this library. It is still for the MTB2.4, not for the MTB3.0.

Regards,
Gintaras

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Hi @Gintaras ,

The warning message that is shown can be safely ignored if you are using the BSPs provided by the Infineon (for eg. CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE) as all infineon BSPs are migrated to support version 3.x applications. If you created a custom BSP using 2.x, then you need to migrate it to version 3.x. For more information on how to migrate or create a new 3.x BSP, refer: Infineon-AN235297-_Creating_a_ModusToolbox_TM_3-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-EN.pdf 

Thanks and Regards,

Pushyanth

0 Likes

Dear Pushyanth,

How to correctly add the security support for a new  PSoC64 BSP? The image needs to be signed, before it can be programmed to the CYB06447BZI-BLD53 ( The keys and policies are already generated and the MCU is provisioned with a Secure Policy Configurator).

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Pushyanth_K

Hi @Gintaras ,

After building the application, post build command will be executed (command defined in variable: CY_BSP_POSTBUILD). For example if you are using "CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE", it will be defined in: "libs\TARGET_CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE\CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE.mk" file. Refer to the attached image how CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE BSP defines the post build command to sign the hex file.

Thanks and Regards,

Pushyanth

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Pushyanth,

I am not using the CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE, I am trying to create a custom BSP with a BSP Assistant for the latest generation of the ModusToolbox. It creates the bsp.mk file without image signing, and the variables and paths are different from CY8CPROTO-064B0S1-BLE BSP. That is why I am asking for the PSoC64 BSP example that was created for the MTB 3.x initially.

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Hi @Gintaras ,

Currently there are no PSoC64 BSPs available, but they will be released  into github in few days.

Thanks and Regards,

Pushyanth

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please send me a message after it will be released in a GitHub?

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Likes
Pushyanth_K

Hi @Gintaras ,

BSPs are released for PSoC64 based Kits, you can find them on BSP assistant.

Regards,
Pushyanth

0 Likes

Dear Pushyanth,

I see it is working with my RDK3 project now. Well done!
I wish you and your Team nice Holidays!

Best Regards,
Gintaras

0 Likes