Test Firmware for PSoC 6 (CY8C6xx7) BLE RF Certification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rodrigog-ingen
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi guys,

I am currently working in a product with a PSoC 6 CY8C6xx7 and I need to get it tested for EMC.

I was wondering if there is any ready-to-go test firmware that I could use for that purpose. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

The CyBluetool is mainly used for the CYWxxxxx product. There are some vendor commands which are no supported by psoc devices.

You can use the attached MTK projects for psoc 6 ble. You can use the MTK mode with any UART tool on your computer to send the test commands.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please refer to the demo code CE220272 PSoC™ 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: Direct Test Mode:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/code-examples/psoc-6-code-examples-for-psoc-...

0 Likes

Hi, thank you for sharing that.

Unfortunately I spoke to the test house and they don't support the HCI interface.

Do you happen to have any other test firmware in which the execution commands can be set by writing to one or more characteristics?

Or maybe a python script or windows-based app which can run HCI commands so that it can interface with the PSoC6 running the firmware you shared above?

Thanks

0 Likes
rodrigog-ingen
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I found the CyBluetool application on your website (version 0.1.97.1) and after running the Direct Test Mode firmware (CE220272) with the BLE PDL component updated to 2.20 (the latest version) I can successfully run some commands such as the Reset or Read BD Address or even the LE_Transmitter_Test_[v2] and get a Success response from the device.

However, with some other commands, such as the Enable_Device_Under_Test_Mode or the Tx_Test, I get an "Unknown HCI Command" response from the board.

For the LE_Transmitter_Test_[v2] command I was able to change the channels and set the PHY to 1Ms/s or 2Ms/s but when I tried to choose the Coded Phy options, I've got "Invalid HCI Command Parameters".

What's the reason for those errors?

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

The CyBluetool is mainly used for the CYWxxxxx product. There are some vendor commands which are no supported by psoc devices.

You can use the attached MTK projects for psoc 6 ble. You can use the MTK mode with any UART tool on your computer to send the test commands.

0 Likes