Stuck on BLE App tutorial

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nabc_3911511
Level 2
Level 2

I was following the Android BLE App tutorial recently and now am stuck in this particular video.

How to Create a PSoC Android BLE App: Lesson 4 Write the Firmware - YouTube

A few more details:

- The tutorial is based on PSoC 4. The kit is PSoC 6, but there is no tutorial for 6.

So, I had to improvise some changes - some settings in PSoC Creator, different pins, etc.

- When I run the sample code, I get undeclared/implicit declaration errors like this.

gatt-error.PNG

- I looked into the entire project code from cypress github to see where in the specific files those declarations are made.

I found that related declarations with errors are just scattered everywhere - ble gatt related files, ble_stack.h, ble_custom.h, etc which are missing from the project when I generated.

Now, the PSoC Creator UI is slightly changed from the video (assuming there has been upgrades since the tutorial video is 2.5 years old).

I did pretty much same as the video as in Lesson 3: Configure the BLE Component.

Is there anything I have to do extra for PSoC 6 BLE before generating the project to include those files?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The macros and functions have undergone a lot of changes. PSoC 6 is completely PDL based and hence please refer to the BLE Middleware guide of the PDL to understand the changes.

The logic however remains the same, hence you can implement the same in PSoC 6 but you need to just make use of the right APIs. For example, the function CyBle_GattsWriteAttributeValue() is now Cy_BLE_GATTS_WriteAttributeValueLocal() but both perform the same operation.

The PDL documentation can be found in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.0\doc

I recommend starting the project from scratch and writing the APIs manually and not directly using the files from Github. This might be slightly tedious and if you face any errors we are happy to help! Feel free to create new threads for help.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The macros and functions have undergone a lot of changes. PSoC 6 is completely PDL based and hence please refer to the BLE Middleware guide of the PDL to understand the changes.

The logic however remains the same, hence you can implement the same in PSoC 6 but you need to just make use of the right APIs. For example, the function CyBle_GattsWriteAttributeValue() is now Cy_BLE_GATTS_WriteAttributeValueLocal() but both perform the same operation.

The PDL documentation can be found in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.0\doc

I recommend starting the project from scratch and writing the APIs manually and not directly using the files from Github. This might be slightly tedious and if you face any errors we are happy to help! Feel free to create new threads for help.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes