Spec for OVT pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The preliminary datasheet says port 1 pins are overvoltage tolerant.  Where can I find the spec for the overvoltage pins?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

The overvoltage tolerant (OVT) pins can operate in the full voltage range of the device i.e. their levels can be up to 3.6 V irrespective of your other VDDs. So you can hook-up a signal in the 3.6 V level to these pins when all your VDDs are at 1.8 V without damaging the IO or the device.

There is no specific datasheet spec for the OVT pins. All the specs that apply to a GPIO pin applies to these. Except that these pins have the ESD diodes (that limit the voltage to VDDIO) removed - hence there is no IDIODE spec for these pins. This allows them to operate to the full voltage range supported by the device. But do note that any voltage beyond 3.6 V can permanently damage the IO/Device.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

The overvoltage tolerant (OVT) pins can operate in the full voltage range of the device i.e. their levels can be up to 3.6 V irrespective of your other VDDs. So you can hook-up a signal in the 3.6 V level to these pins when all your VDDs are at 1.8 V without damaging the IO or the device.

There is no specific datasheet spec for the OVT pins. All the specs that apply to a GPIO pin applies to these. Except that these pins have the ESD diodes (that limit the voltage to VDDIO) removed - hence there is no IDIODE spec for these pins. This allows them to operate to the full voltage range supported by the device. But do note that any voltage beyond 3.6 V can permanently damage the IO/Device.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
SerhiyM_66
Employee
Employee
First like received

You can set Hot swap parameter in Pin customizer of PSoC Creatoe. This tool automatically sets to green available OVT pins in DWR editor for you.ovt.png