Silicon ID Info from Sflash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I’m connecting to unprogrammed PSoC 6 MCUs with my own psoc 6 on a PCB. I want to be able to read off the silicon ID of the unprogrammed PSoCs over SWD before programming it.

I am able to read off the Silicon ID by reading the bytes at address 0x1600 0002 over SWD. I got the address from this post: https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/PSoC-6-MCU-s-and-ID-s-list/td-p/92071

To confirm, does this data get populated at the factory? As in before I would program the psoc for the first time?

Also I’m having trouble finding the documentation for the data stored in the sflash. I’m looking at the PDL documentation but can’t find where it covers those first rows of sflash. Where specifically in the documentation can I find the information about information stored in the first few rows of sflash?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RyWi_4724536

Please check the Supervisory Flash Registers Section in the PSoC 6 Register TRM for register-specific details. Also to answer your question, yes the Silicon ID will be programmed before the device is sent to the customer. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RyWi_4724536

Please check the Supervisory Flash Registers Section in the PSoC 6 Register TRM for register-specific details. Also to answer your question, yes the Silicon ID will be programmed before the device is sent to the customer. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Great, thank you!

0 Likes